Screening Rules Engine
- ESR SmartSelect® is an intelligent rules application technology allowing companies to tailor their screening methodology to match their level of risk aversion and/or required level of due diligence.
- It is quite common to have company personnel go onsite at customer location(s) to have contractual background screening requirements.
- Additionally, a number of professions and job categories have a governmental mandate dictating specific criminal records repositories employers must use as part of the background screening process.
- Other non-regulated employers with no contractual obligations have made decisions on the level of due diligence that is best suited for their business.
- The combination of search elements needed to satisfy these varied circumstances frequently falls outside of the standard criminal history search methodology making it difficult to fulfill the requirements.
- ESR SmartSelect® easily accommodates any rule based on any combination of jurisdictions to either include or exclude. This permits precise customization of the background screening protocol, even at the package level.
Practical application of this technology makes complicated circumstances a breeze to handle. Say your company wants to do statewide searches to broaden the scope of background screening and/or eliminate the need to do multiple county searches; a seemingly simple undertaking. What most people do not realize is only 10 states have court house equivalent record sources, this is where the online data has all the docket information found by physically going to the county clerk of courts office. A number of states have repositories with otherwise complete records but are limited in terms of identifiers, or may not include records from all counties. Yet other states have data sources known to be incomplete that should only be used as supplemental searches and never individually relied upon. ESR SmartSelect® easily handles these requirements—allowing the company to tailor the screening process to their exact needs.
Here is a small sample of what ESR SmartSelect® Client Rules engine can accommodate:
- Example 1: If county jurisdiction is in Texas, then run that county plus Texas statewide.
- Example 2: If county jurisdiction is in Oregon, then delete county and run Oregon statewide.
- Example 3: If county jurisdiction is in client selected list of states, then run county plus statewide.
- Example 4: If county jurisdiction is in client selected list of states, then delete county and add statewide.
- Example 5: If county jurisdiction is in San Francisco County, CA then run that county plus San Mateo, Marin and Contra Costa counties where not already found in address history.
- Example 6: If county jurisdiction is in Client State List A remove the county and run the statewide; and if county jurisdiction is in Client State List B run statewide and 7 year criminal history search based on year prior addresses; and if county jurisdiction is in Wyandotte county Kansas also run Kansas City Metro counties; and if county jurisdiction is in Dallas county Texas also run Dallas Metro counties; and if county jurisdiction does not fall within State List A or State List B, then run all counties derived from prior addresses and add Multi State/Multi Jurisdiction database search.
Contact us to see how ESR SmartSelect® can help your company fulfill regulatory and customer requirements. Call Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) Toll Free at 888.999.4474 or email email@example.com.