Safe Hiring Training Video/DVD:
How You Can Avoid Bad Hires
'Safe Hiring: How You Can Avoid Bad Hires' is a 23 minute professional training VIDEO or DVD and Study Guide by Kantola Productions that includes tips for screening out problem candidates and performing legal background checks. In this video/DVD, you will follow the fictional story of a company that makes a bad hire, and discover the steps they decide to put in place to ensure it does not happen again. The narrator is Les Rosen, Founder and CEO of Employment Screening Resources (ESR), an experienced criminal law attorney and background screening expert who is a frequent speaker at major national conferences.
As the story unfolds, Les explains the details of an effective safe hiring process, and sheds light on the legal background that you need to know. Viewers will learn a number of safe hiring techniques that cost very little, yet help you to know who you are really hiring.:
- What to look for on application forms, and why it's a bad idea to rely on resumes alone.
- Five powerful interview questions that will discourage applicants who have something they're planning to hide.
- Why you need to check references every time--even when you can't get many details from former employers.
- What kinds of background checks you should consider, and how to stay within legal guidelines if you make them.
- How to keep the costs of safe hiring practices low, and what things you can do yourself with very little added time or effort.
These are tough times for employers. You can be held responsible if you knew-or should have known-that someone you hired might pose an undue threat of harm to others. Yet, during the hiring process, you are required to navigate through a number of legal guidelines that are in place to protect the privacy of your applicants.
Safe Hiring: How You Can Avoid Bad Hires
A 23 minute professional training VIDEO or DVD and Study Guide by Kantola Productions
featuring safe hiring expert Attorney Lester Rosen