Negligent Hiring and Background Checks - Best Practices and Legal Compliance
2012 HR Florida Conference & Expo - Orlando, Florida
August 28, 2012
Event: 2012 HR Florida Conference & Expo being held August 27-29, 2012 at Rosen Shingle Creek in Orlando, Florida
Session: Negligent Hiring and Background Checks - Best Practices and Legal Compliance
Date/Time: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 2:15 pm - 3:15 pm
Session Page: http://eventmobi.com/hrfl12/session?id=59437
Speaker Page: http://eventmobi.com/hrfl12/person?id=151666
Employee problems are caused by problem employees, and this session will help HR professionals avoid bad hires in the first place by practicing due diligence in their hiring programs.
Negligent hiring is one of the fastest growing areas of employment litigation. Learn legally complaint best practices to keep a business productive and out of court, including how to obtain and utilize criminal record and background information on job applicants. Get updated on the recent legal developments, and review case studies to demonstrate what steps employers should take and mistakes to avoid. Hear about cutting edge issues, such as the use of social networking sites and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) approach to the use of criminal records. Learn steps a firm can take immediately to avoid a bad hire.
- Learn why background checks and due diligence have become mission critical for employers.
- Understand the basics of a negligent hiring lawsuit and defenses that work and do not work.
- Get acquainted with cutting edge issues such as the new EEOC focus on criminal records and credit reports and the use of social network sites.
- Learn how to spent fraudulent employment and education credentials.
- Learn steps your organization can take today to implement a legally compliant program and to hire the best employees.
Attorney Lester S. Rosen is Founder and CEO of Employment Screening Resources (ESR) and the author of “The Safe Hiring Manual,” the first comprehensive guide to background checks. He is a nationally recognized safe hiring expert who was the chairperson of the steering committee that founded the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS) and served as the first co-chairman. He is a frequent presenter nationwide and his speaking appearances have included numerous national and statewide conferences for “ESR Speaks”.