Practical Steps Employers Can Take Today to Comply with the New EEOC Criminal Guidance
Special "Client Only" Webinar for Clients of Employment Screening Resources (ESR)
May 31, 2012
NOTE: This webinar is for ESR clients only. To register for the 'client only' webinar, ESR clients may:
- Use the webinar registration link contained in the ESR Client Newsletter for Spring 2012 emailed on Thursday, May 10, 2012.
- Use the webinar registration link contained in the client email ‘ESR Client Only Webinar for New EEOC Criminal Guidance on May 31’ sent Friday, May 18, 2012.
- Email ESR Client Relations Manager Orianna “Ory” Tucker at email@example.com for an email invitation.
- Email either Rhonda at firstname.lastname@example.org or Amber at email@example.com in Customer Service for a webinar invitation.
- Contact Customer Service by calling 415.898.0044 or 888.999.4474 (Toll Free) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for a webinar invitation.
After registering for the webinar, ESR clients will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar. For ESR clients unable to attend the webinar on that date, an on demand version of the recorded webinar will be made available to them the following day.
Title: Practical Steps Employers Can Take Today to Comply with the New EEOC Criminal Guidance
Speaker: Attorney Lester Rosen, Founder and CEO of Employment Screening Resources (ESR)
Date: Thursday, May 31, 2012
Time: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM PDT
The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the agency that enforces federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination, recently voted 4-1 to approve updated Enforcement Guidance on the Consideration of Arrest and Conviction Records in Employment Decisions Under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The updated Guidance builds on longstanding court decisions and guidance documents that the EEOC has issued in the past and focuses on employment discrimination based on race and national origin.
In the webinar ‘Practical Steps Employers Can Take Today to Comply with the New EEOC Criminal Guidance’ on Thursday, May 31, 2012, Attorney and safe hiring expert Lester Rosen, Founder and CEO of Employment Screening Resources (ESR), will present a special webinar for ESR clients that will go beyond simply repeating the EEOC Guidance language and give “real world” examples and suggestions on what employers should do now to remain in compliance while performing criminal background checks. Topics covered in the webinar by Rosen, author of ‘The Safe Hiring Manual’ include:
- Longstanding court decisions and existing EEOC Guidance documents
- Employment discrimination based on race and national origin, criminal records, and employer practices
- The differences between arrest and conviction records
- Disparate treatment and disparate impact analysis under Title VII
- Employer defenses the EEOC believes meet the “job related and consistent with business necessity”
- Compliance with other federal laws and/or regulations that conflict with Title VII
- State and local laws or regulations preempted by Title VII
- EEOC Guidance best practices for employers
- Links to EEOC Guidance materials and Q & A
- Compliance templates for EEOC criminal guidance
A Question and Answer (Q & A) Session will follow the webinar.
Attorney Lester S. Rosen is Founder and CEO of Employment Screening Resources (ESR) and the author of “The Safe Hiring Manual,” the first comprehensive guide to background checks. He is a nationally recognized safe hiring expert who was the chairperson of the steering committee that founded the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS) and served as the first co-chairman. He is a frequent presenter nationwide and his speaking appearances have included numerous national and statewide conferences for “ESR Speaks”