Risk Management: New Strategies for Employee Screening
July 11, 2012
Webinar title: Risk Management: New Strategies for Employee Screening
Date/Time: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 10:00 AM Eastern (7:00 AM Pacific)
Duration: 90 Minutes
Presenter: Attorney Lester Rosen, Founder & CEO of Employment Screening Resources (ESR)
To register for the webinar: http://www.bankinfosecurity.com/webinars/risk-management-new-strategies-for-employee-screening-w-282
As part of your risk management strategy, your organization likely conducts pre-employment background checks. But what are your screening strategies after you have made your hires? How would you know, for instance, if:
- An employee's personal finances have crumbled, and that individual is now at risk to embezzle;
- New evidence reveals a senior executive has blatantly falsified academic credentials;
- You uncover a past criminal offense by a current employee - do you have policies to deal with the situation?
Like risk management itself, background screening must be ongoing. In this session, Attorney Lester Rosen, renowned expert in employment screening, presents post-hire screening strategies, including:
- How to conduct continual screening of key employees;
- What to do about newly-acquired employees in a merger or acquisition;
- How to proceed when you do uncover past criminal offenses or falsified credentials of current employees.
Additionally, Rosen will offer updates on the latest guidance on use of arrest and conviction records, as well as the do's and don'ts of social media in background screening. Topics to be discussed in this session include:
- Brief overview of the latest screening trends, including the EEOC's new guidance on the use of arrest and conviction records;
- How to conduct continual screening;
- What to do when you learn about past criminal offenses or falsified credentials of a current employee;
- Proper screening procedures for newly-acquired employees in a merger or acquisition;
- Social media - its proper role in a screening strategy.
Attorney Lester S. Rosen is Founder and CEO of Employment Screening Resources (ESR) – http://www.ESRcheck.com – a nationwide background screening company accredited by the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS). He is the author of ‘The Safe Hiring Manual,’ the first comprehensive book on employment screening, and ‘The Safe Hiring Audit.’ Rosen is a frequent presenter on safe hiring issues as part of ‘ESR Speaks’ – http://www.esrcheck.com/ESR_Speaks.php – and has testified in Court cases as an expert witness. He was also the chairperson of the steering committee that founded the NAPBS, a non-profit trade group for the background screening industry, and served as the first co-chairman.