Littler 2013 Social Media Summit
Live Event in San Francisco, CA
April 10, 2013
Event: Littler’s 2013 Social Media Summit: The New Reality
Date: Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Location: The City Club of San Francisco, 155 Sansome Street, San Francisco, CA
ESR Speaker: Brad Landin, President, Employment Screening Resources (ESR)
9:00 – 9:15 Welcoming remarks by Co-Chairs, Philip Gordon and Margaret Keane
9:15 – 10:15 Translating the Trends: What to Expect in 2013
Speakers: Phillip Gordon, Shareholder, Denver and Margaret Keane, Shareholder, San Francisco
- A seat at the table: recognizing and reconciling the interests of IT, HR, legal, marketing and significant others;
Incorporating “operational reality” to gauge appropriate measures of control and monitoring for your
- Using social media as a customer-facing business tool and launching an internal social media platform;
- Beyond BYOD: differentiating between personal and business communications, data and devices;
- Security issues: employees posing the single greatest risk to your information security;
- Wage and hour implications of mobile devices and cloud computing for “anywhere, anytime” access; and
- Issues for regulated industries and global businesses.
10:15 – 10:30 Break
10:30 – 11:45 Social Recruiting and Hiring: Sourcing the Best Talent, Doing Due Diligence and Avoiding Liability
Speakers: Rod Fliegel, Shareholder, San Francisco; Barry Hartstein, Shareholder, Chicago; and Brad Landin,
President, Employment Screening Resources (ESR)
- EEOC targeting facially neutral hiring practices as a “Nationwide Priority”;
Background checks on applicants and employees, criminal history concerns, FCRA, Password Protection
Laws, the EEOC and the FTC;
- Avoiding decisions based on protected class status and lifestyle considerations;
- Building a process to guard against disparate impact claims;
Records retention obligations in a LinkedIn world and extra credit for compliance with the OFCCP
Internet Applicant Rule; and
- Employee references on social media sites.
Brad Landin Bio:
Background screening industry veteran Brad Landin joined the Employment Screening Resources (ESR) management team in April of 2011 and assumed the role of President in September of 2011. He is responsible for all aspects of the company's strategy, operations, and finances. He brings over 30 years of management experience in both the private and public sectors and 20 years of experience in regulated industry compliance matters to ESR.
Landin has worked in the screening industry since 1999 and was instrumental in making an industry startup one of the top 25 background screening firms as measured by revenue. Landin also has extensive experience in background screening operations, as well as legal compliance, and is an active participant in NAPBS, the background screening industry trade association, including a role in their lobbying efforts at the federal and state levels.
His experience and expertise in all aspects of the background screening industry will be a critical part of ESR’s growth strategy, and he brings the benefit of unmatched industry credentials to ESR’s national client base.