International Background Checks
Avant Resources Webinar
August 01, 2013
Title: International Background Checks
Event: Avant Resources Webinar
Date: Thursday, August 1, 2013 at 3:00 PM Eastern Time/12:00 PM Noon Pacific Time
Speaker: Attorney Lester Rosen, Founder & CEO Employment Screening Resources® (ESR)
For more information about webinar, click here for page on Avant Resources website.
Are you among the 77% of employers that DO NOT conduct international background checks on candidates who have lived, work or studied abroad? Employers can be the subject of lawsuits for negligent hiring if they hire someone that they should have known, through the exercise of due diligence, was dangerous, unfit or unqualified.
With the mobility of workers across international borders it is no longer adequate to conduct these checks in just the United States. A significant percentage of the population consists of immigrants. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 25 million foreign-born individuals made up the workforce in 2012. In addition, an increasing number of workers have spent some part of their professional career abroad.
Join Lester S. Rosen as he guides employers through international background checks, including the legal, practical and cultural challenges employers face when obtaining information outside of the U.S. He will explain in detail the ins and outs of international criminal records, terrorist databases, and whether background checks are needed on applicants with a valid visa.
During this 60-minute presentation, employers will learn:
- Why international background checks are becoming a necessary tool for all employers
- What tools are available to international employers
- The limitations of international background checks
- The complex verification process of international employment and education
- How to protect your company against fake international degrees
- The legalities of data protection and privacy - including the rules of the European Union and Canada
- 1.0 hour of HRCI-approved credit
- 1.0 CLE credit (pre-approved in TN)
- Live question and answer session
- Complimentary copy of speaker's presentation slides
- Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
Presenter Lester S. Rosen is an attorney at law and Founder and CEO of Employment Screening Resources® (ESR), a nationwide background screening company located in California that has been accredited by the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS®). He is the author of “The Safe Hiring Manual,” the first comprehensive book on employment screening, and has also written “The Safe Hiring Audit.”
He is also a consultant, writer and frequent presenter nationwide on pre-employment screening and safe hiring issues. He has qualified and testified in the California, Florida, and Arkansas Superior Courts as an expert witness on issues surrounding safe hiring and due diligence. His speaking appearances have included numerous national and statewide conferences.