Background Checks and Legal Compliance
Live 90 Minute Webinar with Aurora Training Advantage
October 30, 2013
Title: Background Checks and Legal Compliance: Avoiding Legal Hot Water
Event: Live 90 Minute Webinar with Aurora Training Advantage
Date: Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Speaker: Attorney Lester S. Rosen, Founder & CEO Employment Screening Resources (ESR)
Are you using background checks to screen applicants? Most companies are, but many may not have a full understanding of the many laws and regulations that they must comply with. Don’t let your company's background check policies turn into a compliance nightmare. Register today and walk away with the information you need to conduct thorough, effective and compliant background checks! In this webinar you will learn:
- Compliance with the 2012 Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) Guidance on the Use of Criminal records.
- Compliance with the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and State Rules.
- Compliance with a number of states passing laws about credit reports as well as social media checks.
- Preemployment background check compliance.
- How to rescind an offer after a background check comes back with an arrest or a conviction.
- The EEOC's "three-factor test" when considering an applicant with a criminal history.
- Understanding how the EEOC views arrests vs. convictions.
- Handling an arrest, but no conviction.
- Does your state prohibit discrimination based on arrest records?
- What to do when an employee has to do jail time for his second DUI.
- Keeping the workplace safe by screening out bad hires vs. discriminating against applicants.
- The keys to applicant screening: company policies and job descriptions.
Attorney Lester S. Rosen is Founder and CEO of Employment Screening Resources (ESR) and the author of “The Safe Hiring Manual,” the first comprehensive guide to background checks. He is a nationally recognized safe hiring expert who was the chairperson of the steering committee that founded the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS) and served as the first co-chairman. He is a frequent presenter nationwide and his speaking appearances have included numerous national and statewide conferences for “ESR Speaks.”