Background Checks and Legal Compliance Avoiding Legal Hot Water
April 17, 2014
Title: Background Checks and Legal Compliance: Avoiding Legal Hot Water
Date/Time: Thursday April 17, 2014 / 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Speaker: Les Rosen, Founder & CEO Employment Screening Resources (ESR)
Are you using background checks to screen applicants? Most companies are, but many may not have a full understanding of the many laws
and regulations that they must comply with. Don’t let your company's background check policies turn into a compliance nightmare. Register today and walk away with the information you need to conduct thorough, effective and compliant background checks!
In this webinar you will learn:
- Compliance with the 2012 EEOC Guidance on the Use of Criminal records
- Compliance with the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- The impact of state laws on background checks
- New laws on credit reports, social media passwords and offshoring personal information
- How to rescind an offer after a background check comes back with an arrest or a conviction
- The EEOC's "three-factor test" when considering an applicant with a criminal history
- Should an employer “ban the box” on an application form?
- Understanding how the EEOC views arrests vs. convictions
- Does your state prohibit discrimination based on arrest records?
- What to do when an employee has to do jail time for his second DUI or some other offense
- The keys to applicant screening: The application, interview and reference checking process
Attorney Lester S. Rosen is Founder and CEO of Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) and the author of “The Safe Hiring Manual,” the first comprehensive guide to background checks. He is a nationally recognized safe hiring expert who was the chairperson of the steering committee that founded the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS) and served as the first co-chairman. He is a frequent presenter nationwide and his speaking appearances have included numerous national and statewide conferences for “ESR Speaks.”