Background Checks, Negligent Hiring and Legal Compliance
March 29, 2016
Event: Clear Law Institute Webinar
Title: Background Checks, Negligent Hiring and Legal Compliance
Date/Time: Tuesday, March 29 at 3:00 pm to 4:15 pm EST
Speaker: Attorney Lester Rosen, Founder & CEO of Employment Screening Resources (ESR)
Negligent hiring is one of the fastest growing areas of employment litigation. In this practical webinar, you’ll receive step-by-step guidance on implementing a legally compliant hiring program. You’ll learn how to obtain and utilize criminal records and background checks of job applicants, the most recent legal developments in negligent hiring, and the steps you can take now to avoid a negligent hiring lawsuit. Among other things, you’ll learn about:
- Why background checks and due diligence have become critical for employers.
- What a negligent hiring lawsuit is, and the defenses that do – and do not – work.
- Recent developments such as the new EEOC focus on criminal records and credit reports and the use of social network sites to screen applicants.
- How to spot fraudulent employment and education credentials.
- Steps your organization can take today to implement a legally compliant program and to hire the best employees.
Lester S. Rosen is founder and CEO of Employment Screening Resources (ESR), a nationwide background screening company. Previously, Mr. Rosen served as Chairperson of the steering committee that founded the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS), and then as the NAPBS’s first co-chair. Mr. Rosen is the author of “The Safe Hiring Manual: The Complete Guide to Employment Screening Background Checks for Employers, Recruiters, and Jobseekers” and “The Safe Hiring Audit.” Mr. Rosen frequently presents on safe hiring issues, including at numerous national and statewide conferences. He is a graduate of the University of California – Davis School of Law.