December 08, 2016
Event: Aurora Training Advantage
Title: Background Checks and Legal Compliance
Speaker: Atorney Lester Rosen, Founder & CEO Employment Screening Resources (ESR)
Date/Time: December 8 2016 from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm Eastern
Are you using background checks to screen applicants? Most companies are, but many may not have a full understanding of the many laws and regulations that they must comply with. Don’t let your company’s background check policies turn into a compliance nightmare. Register today and walk away with the information you need to conduct thorough, effective and compliant background checks!
- Compliance with the 2012 EEOC Guidance on the Use of Criminal records.
- Compliance with the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- The impact of state laws on background checks.
- New laws on credit reports, social media passwords and offshoring personal information.
- How to rescind an offer after a background check comes back with an arrest or a conviction.
- The EEOC’s “three-factor test” when considering an applicant with a criminal history.
- Should an employer “ban the box” on an application form?
- Understanding how the EEOC views arrests vs. convictions.
- Does your state prohibit discrimination based on arrest records?
- What to do when an employee has to do jail time for his second DUI or some other offense.
- The keys to applicant screening: The application, interview and reference checking process.
Lester S. Rosen is an attorney at law and CEO of Employment Screening Resources (ESR), a national background screening company located in California. ESR is an accredited background firm under the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS) accreditation program. He is the author of, “The Safe Hiring Manual– The Complete Guide to Employment Screening Background Checks for Employers, Recruiters, and Jobseekers (728 pages-Facts on Demand Press/2d Edition September 2012), the first comprehensive book on employment screening. He has also written, “The Safe Hiring Audit,” published in 2008. He is also a consultant, writer and frequent presenter nationwide on pre-employment screening and safe hiring issues. He has qualified and testified in the California, Florida and Arkansas Superior Courts as an expert witness on issues surrounding safe hiring and due diligence. His speaking appearances have included numerous national and statewide conferences. Mr. Rosen was the chairperson of the steering committee that founded the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS) a professional trade organization for the screening industry and served as the first co-chairman in 2004