Whitepapers from ESR
Below is a list of complimentary whitepapers from Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) written by ESR Founder and CEO Attorney Lester Rosen. Before downloading a whitepaper, you will need to provide ESR with some basic contact information. Please select the ESR whitepaper(s) of your choice by clicking on the link(s) below:
- Background Check Mobile Phone Apps and Instant Background Check Web Sites examines background check mobile phone apps and instant background check Web sites, revealing some of their benefits and pitfalls for both the person being searched and the person or agency initiating the search.
- Common Ways Consumer Reporting Agencies are Sued Under the FCRA describes eighteen practices that can give rise to lawsuits against Consumer Reporting Agencies (CRAs). Keeping these potential pitfalls in mind is vital for employers when choosing a CRA to help you navigate this complex and legally-sensitive area.
- Common Ways Prospective or Current Employees Sue Employers Under the FCRA is a response to the rising trend of class action lawsuits filed for alleged violations of the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) that controls background checks for employment in the United States.
- Introduction to International Background Screening provides an informative introduction to International background screening, what risks employers conducting such screenings should be aware of, and the many ways background screening overseas differs from background screening in the United States.
- Screening Volunteers for Non-Profits shows why performing background checks on volunteers helps protect children, the elderly, and the vulnerable.
- Ten Critical Steps for Ex-Offenders to Get Back into the Workforce will help job applicants with criminal records avoid the frustrating "Catch 22" situation where they risk not finding employment whether they lie or tell the truth about their pasts.
- Ten Potential Dangers When Using Social Media Background Checks will provide an informative introduction for both employers and recruiters using Internet search engines and social networking sites for employment screening background checks and the possible legal risks faced when conducting such screening.
- The Dangers of Offshoring Personally Identifiable Information (PII) Outside of United States reveals the dangers of offshoring Personally Identifiable Information (PII) used in domestic background checks outside of the United States.
- Video Interviewing & Discrimination: What Talent Acquisition Leaders Need to Know will leave readers better educated and equipped for conversations about how employers can enjoy the many operational and strategic benefits of video interviewing while eliminating exposure to discrimination laws and remaining in compliance.
ESR EEOC Whitepaper
The complimentary ESR whitepaper ‘Practical Steps Employers Can Take to Comply with EEOC Criminal Record Guidance’ is currently only available to employers by emailing EEOCwhitepaper@esrcheck.com.