Attorney Lester Rosen, founder and CEO of nationwide background check company Employment Screening Resources (ESR), will present the webcast ‘Top Ten Trends in Background Checks for 2012’ at the Institute for Human Resources (IHR) Quality of Hire Virtual Event on January 26, 2012 from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM ET. To register for the event from IHR, HR.com’s certification and accreditation arm, visit http://www.hr.com/en/webcasts_events/virtual_events/upcoming_virtual_events/quality-of-hire_gog5ufud.html.
For the past five years, ESR – ‘The Background Check Authority’ and nationwide background screening company accredited by the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS®) – has compiled a list featuring emerging and influential trends in employment screening background checks selected by Rosen. The fifth annual ESR Top Ten Trends in Background Checks for 2012 include the following:
- Number 1 – Criminal Background Checks of Job Applicants by Employers Coming Under Greater Scrutiny by EEOC
- Number 2 – Credit Report Background Checks of Job Applicants by Employers Increasingly Regulated by State Laws
- Number 3 – Social Media Background Screening Checks of Job Applicants Becoming More Prevalent and More Controversial
- Number 4 – Automation in Employment Background Screening Leads to Both Increased Efficiency and Increased Risks
- Number 5 – Background Screening Accreditation Program Proof of Increased Emphasis on Professionalism in Industry
- Number 6 – Diploma Mills Offering Fake Degrees and False Credentials Likely to Increase in Tight Job Market
- Number 7 – Employment Screening Lawsuits Increase as Attorneys and Consumers Become Familiar with FCRA Laws Regulating Background Checks
- Number 8 – New E-Verify Laws Create Complex Web of Federal and State Rules for Employers
- Number 9 – Offshoring Personally Identifiable Information Outside of US Increases Concern Over Privacy and Identity Theft
- Number 10 – Self Background Checks Proactively Conducted by Job Seekers to Help Verify Accuracy of their Public Information
The fifth annual Employment Screening Resources Top Ten Trends in Background Checks for 2012 available on the ESR website at http://www.esrcheck.com/ESR-Top-10-Trends-in-Background-Checks-for-2012.php.
About Employment Screening Resources (ESR):
Employment Screening Resources (ESR) provides accurate and actionable information, empowering employers to make informed safe hiring decisions for the benefit for our clients, their employees, and the public. ESR literally wrote the book on background screening with “The Safe Hiring Manual” by Founder and CEO Lester Rosen. ESR is accredited by The National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS), a distinction held by less than two percent of all screening firms. By choosing an accredited screening firm like ESR, employers know they have selected an agency that meets the highest industry standards. For more information about ESR – ‘The Background Check Authority(SM)’ – visit http://www.esrcheck.com/ or call 888.999.4474.
About ESR News:
The Employment Screening Resources (ESR) News blog – ESR News – provides employment screening information for employers, recruiters, and jobseekers on a variety of topics including credit reports, criminal records, data privacy, discrimination, E-Verify, jobs reports, legal updates, negligent hiring, workplace violence, and use of search engines and social network sites for background checks. For more information about ESR News or to send comments or questions, please email ESR News Editor Thomas Ahearn at firstname.lastname@example.org.