According to ‘THE EMPLOYMENT SITUATION — JUNE 2012’ released today by the U.S. Department of Labor’s (DOL) Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), total nonfarm payroll employment in the U.S. edged up 80,000 jobs in June 2012 while the unemployment rate remained unchanged at 8.2 percent and the number of unemployed persons was also essentially unchanged at 12.7 million. The Employment Situation for June 2012 will be available at http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf until the Employment Situation for July 2012 is released on Friday, August 3, 2012.
The June 2012 Employment Situation Report also revised the change in total nonfarm employment for April 2012 from 77,000 jobs added down to 68,000 jobs and figures for May 2012 were revised from 69,000 jobs added up to 77,000 jobs. Among specific industries, the report found:
- Professional and business services employment added 47,000 jobs in June 2012, with temporary help services accounting for 25,000 jobs, management and technical consulting services accounting for 9,000 jobs, and computer systems design and related services accounting for 7,000 jobs. Employment in professional and business services has grown by 1.5 million since its most recent low point in September 2009.
- Health care employment continued to trend up in June 2012 with 13,000 jobs added.
- Manufacturing employment continued to edge up in June 2012 with 11,000 jobs added.
- Wholesale trade employment added 9,000 jobs in June 2012.
- Employment in other major industries such as mining and logging, construction, retail trade, transportation and warehousing, financial activities, leisure and hospitality, and government, showed little or no change in June 2012.
The June 2012 Employment Situation Report will be available at http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf until the July 2012 Employment Situation Report is released on Friday, August 3, 2012.
For more information on pre-employment background checks as part of a Safe Hiring Program, visit Employment Screening Resources (ESR) – ‘The Background Check Authority’ and nationwide background screening firm accredited by the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS®) – at http://www.esrcheck.com/, call ESR at 415.898.0044, or email email@example.com.
About Employment Screening Resources (ESR):
Employment Screening Resources (ESR) – ‘The Background Check AuthoritySM’– provides accurate and actionable information, empowering employers to make informed safe hiring decisions for the benefit for our clients, their employees, and the public. ESR literally wrote the book on background screening with “The Safe Hiring Manual” by Founder and CEO Lester Rosen. ESR is accredited by The National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS), a distinction held by a small percentage of screening firms. By choosing an accredited screening firm like ESR, employers know they have selected an agency that meets the highest industry standards. For more information about Employment Screening Resources (ESR), visit http://www.esrcheck.com/, call 415.898.0044 or 888.999.4474 (Toll Free), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About ESR News:
The Employment Screening Resources (ESR) News blog – ESR News – provides employment screening information for employers, recruiters, and jobseekers on a variety of topics including credit reports, criminal records, data privacy, discrimination, E-Verify, jobs reports, legal updates, negligent hiring, workplace violence, and use of search engines and social network sites for background checks. For more information about ESR News or to send comments or questions, please email ESR News Editor Thomas Ahearn at email@example.com.