For over a decade, the “ESR Speaks” Training Program from nationwide accredited background check firm Employment Screening Resources (ESR) featuring ESR Founder and CEO Attorney Lester S. Rosen has provided engaging and informative speakers for conferences, seminars, and webinars nationwide to help employers, recruiters, HR professionals, and security providers better understand background checks. For more information about “ESR Speaks,” visit http://www.esrcheck.com/ESR_Speaks.php.
Topics covered by “ESR Speaks” include: Top Background Check Trends of 2013; Criminal Record Checks and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC); Employment and Education Verifications; Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA); International Screening; Legal Compliance with Federal and State Screening Laws; Negligent Hiring; and Social Media Background Checks. A list of “ESR Speaks” events scheduled for 2013 so far is below:
- January 16, 2013 — HR.com Virtual Conference Webcast: Dealing with the New EEOC Criminal Guidance
- January 29, 2013 — Lorman Audio Conference: Screening Applicants Using Social Networking Sites – Legal or Liability?
- February 6, 2013 — Thompson Interactive Webinar: Avoiding Negligent Hiring with Background Checks
- February 7, 2013 — The Proactive Employer: The Top Ten Trends for Background Checks in 2013 – What Every Employer Needs to Know
- February 25, 2013 — 2013 SHRM NM Employment Law & Legislative Conference in Albuquerque, NM: EEOC Criminal Background Checking Guidelines
- March 20, 2013 — Los Angeles HR Star Conference
- April 23, 2013 — Session at HR West 2013 Conference, Oakland Convention Center, Oakland, CA
- April 30 – May 2, 2013 — 2013 CAHSAH Annual Conference, Monterey, CA
- May 15, 2013 — 2013 Gulf Coast Symposium on Human Resource Issues, Reliant Center, Houston, TX
- June 18, 2013 — International Background Checks – Global Due Diligence and Legal Compliance: SHRM 2013 Annual Conference & Exposition, Chicago, IL
- June 19, 2013 — The Top Ten Trends for Background Checks in 2013: SHRM 2013 Annual Conference & Exposition, Chicago, IL
- July 17, 2013 — San Francisco HR Star Conference, San Francisco, CA
- July 24, 2013 — Four Part Webinar for NCHRA: An Overview of Background Checks and the Use of Criminal Records
- July 31, 2013 — Four Part Webinar for NCHRA: Using the Internet and Social Networking Sites for Employment Screening
- August 7, 2013 — Four Part Webinar for NCHRA: Effective Employment and Education Verification How to Tell What Is Real and What Is Not
- August 14, 2013 — Four Part Webinar for NCHRA: Complying with Federal and California Law for Pre-employment Screening and How to Avoid Pitfalls
The featured speaker Rosen founded Employment Screening Resources (ESR) in the San Francisco, California-area in 1997 and ESR is accredited by the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS). He is also the author of “The Safe Hiring Manual,” the first comprehensive guide to background checks that recently updated for a 2nd edition published in October 2012. For more information, visit http://www.esrcheck.com/SafeHiringManual.php.
More “ESR Speaks” events featuring Attorney Lester Rosen will be added in the future. To stay informed, visit http://www.esrcheck.com/ESR_Speaks2013.php. For information about background checks, visit Employment Screening Resources (ESR) – ‘The Background Check Authority’ – at http://www.esrcheck.com or call Toll Free 888.999.4474.
About Employment Screening Resources (ESR):
Founded by safe hiring expert Attorney Les Rosen in 1997, Employment Screening Resources (ESR) – ‘The Background Check AuthoritySM’– provides accurate and actionable information that empowers employers to make informed hiring decisions for the benefit of their organizations, employees, and the public. CEO Rosen literally wrote the book on background checks with “The Safe Hiring Manual” and ESR is accredited by The National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS), a distinction held by a small percent of screening firms. Employers choosing ESR know they have selected an agency meeting the highest industry standards. To learn more about ESR, visit http://www.esrcheck.com or call toll free 888.999.4474.
About ESR News:
The Employment Screening Resources (ESR) News blog – ESR News – provides employment screening information for employers, recruiters, and jobseekers on a variety of topics including credit reports, criminal records, data privacy, discrimination, E-Verify, jobs reports, legal updates, negligent hiring, workplace violence, and use of search engines and social network sites for background checks. For more information about ESR News or to send comments or questions, please email ESR News Editor Thomas Ahearn at firstname.lastname@example.org. To subscribe to the ESR News Blog Feed, visit http://www.esrcheck.com/wordpress/feed/. To subscribe to the complimentary ESRcheck Report monthly newsletter, please visit http://www.esrcheck.com/Newsletter/.