Attorney Lester S. Rosen, Founder and CEO Employment Screening Resources® (ESR), will present a live 90 minute Audio Conference ‘Background Checks and Legal Compliance: Avoiding Legal Hot Water’ with Aurora Training Advantage from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM Eastern on Wednesday, October 30, 2013. To register for this webinar, which is worth 1.5 PHR/SPHR Credits, visit http://auroratrainingadvantage.com/.
“Most companies use background checks to screen applicants but some may not fully understand the many laws and regulations that they must comply with,” says Rosen, author of ‘The Safe Hiring Manual.’ “Don’t let your company’s background check policies turn into a compliance nightmare.”
In the Audio Conference, Rosen will give participants all of the information needed to conduct thorough, effective, and compliant background checks. Attendees will learn:
- Compliance with 2012 Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) Guidance on the use of criminal records.
- Compliance with federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and State Rules.
- Compliance with a number of states passing laws about credit reports as well as social media checks.
- Pre-employment background check compliance.
- How to rescind an offer after a background check comes back with an arrest or a conviction.
- The EEOC’s “three-factor test” when considering an applicant with a criminal history.
- Understanding how the EEOC views arrests vs. convictions.
- Handling an arrest, but no conviction.
- Does your state prohibit discrimination based on arrest records?
- What to do when an employee has to do jail time for his second DUI.
- Keeping the workplace safe by screening out bad hires vs. discriminating against applicants.
- The keys to applicant screening: company policies and job descriptions.
Rosen is a nationally recognized safe hiring expert who was the chairperson of the steering committee that founded the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS®) and served as the first co-chairman. He is a frequent presenter nationwide for the “ESR Speaks” background check training program. For more information, visit http://www.esrcheck.com/ESR_Speaks.php.
For information about Employment Screening Resources® (ESR), a nationwide screening provider accredited by the NAPBS®, call Toll Free 888.999.4474 or visit http://www.esrcheck.com. Source: http://auroratrainingadvantage.com/
About Employment Screening Resources® (ESR):
Founded by safe hiring expert Attorney Lester Rosen in 1997, Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – ‘The Background Check Authority®’– provides accurate and actionable information that empowers employers to make informed hiring decisions for the benefit of their organizations, employees, and the public. Founder and CEO Rosen literally wrote the book on background checks with ‘The Safe Hiring Manual’ and ESR is accredited by The National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS®), a distinction held by a small percent of screening firms. Employers choosing ESR know they have selected an agency meeting the highest industry standards. For more information about ESR, visit http://www.ESRcheck.com or call Toll Free 888.999.4474.
About ESR News: The Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) News blog – ESR News – provides employment screening information for employers, recruiters, and jobseekers on a variety of topics including credit reports, criminal records, data privacy, discrimination, E-Verify, jobs reports, legal updates, negligent hiring, workplace violence, and use of search engines and social network sites for background checks. For more information about ESR News or to send comments or questions, please email ESR News Editor Thomas Ahearn at email@example.com. To subscribe to the ESR News Blog Feed, visit http://www.esrcheck.com/wordpress/feed/. To subscribe to the complimentary ESRcheck Report monthly newsletter, please visit http://www.esrcheck.com/Newsletter/.