Written By Thomas Ahearn
Private sector employment in the United States increased by 220,000 jobs from March to April, according to the April 2014 ADP National Employment Report® produced by Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (ADP®) in collaboration with Moody’s Analytics. The report is available at http://www.adpemploymentreport.com/2014/April/NER/NER-April-2014.aspx.
“The 220,000 U.S. private sector jobs added in April is well above the twelve-month average. Job growth appears to be trending up and hopefully this will continue,” ADP president and chief executive officer Carlos A. Rodriguez stated in a press release about the Employment Report available at http://www.adpemploymentreport.com/2014/April/NER/docs/ADP-NATIONAL-EMPLOYMENT-REPORT-April2014-Final-Press-Release.pdf.
Key findings of the ADP Employment Report are broken down into the following categories (NOTE: Sum of components may not equal total due to rounding.):
By Company Size:
- Small businesses representing payrolls with 1 to 49 employees added 82,000 jobs.
- Medium businesses representing payrolls with 50 to 499 employees added 81,000 jobs.
- Large businesses representing payrolls with 500 or more employees added 57,000 jobs.
- Service providing sector added 197,000 jobs.
- Goods producing sector added 24,000 jobs.
- Professional/business services added 77,000 jobs.
- Trade/transportation/utilities added 34,000 jobs.
- Construction added 19,000 jobs.
- Financial activities added 8,000 jobs.
- Manufacturing added 1,000 jobs.
The ADP National Employment Report is a monthly measure of the change in total U.S. nonfarm private employment derived from actual, anonymous payroll data of nearly 24 million U.S. workers from client companies served by ADP. The May 2014 ADP National Employment Report will be released on June 4, 2014.
ESR Helps Workers Get Hired for Jobs in Safe Workplaces
Employers hiring workers may use background checks to help ensure safe workplaces. Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – ‘The Background Check Authority®’ – is a nationwide background screening firm accredited by the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS®). For more information about Employment Screening Resources® (ESR), visit http://www.esrcheck.com, call Toll Free 888.999.4474, or email [email protected].