Written By Thomas Ahearn
Led by gains in both small and medium businesses, private sector employment in the United States increased by 281,000 jobs from April to June, according to the June 2014 ADP National Employment Report® produced by Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (ADP®) in collaboration with Moody’s Analytics. The June 2014 ADP Employment Report is available at: http://www.adpemploymentreport.com/2014/June/NER/NER-June-2014.aspx.
“The June jobs number is a welcome boost. The number of construction jobs added was particularly encouraging, representing the highest total in that industry since February of 2006,” ADP president and chief executive officer Carlos A. Rodriguez stated in a press release about the employment report available at: http://www.adpemploymentreport.com/2014/June/NER/docs/ADP-NATIONAL-EMPLOYMENT-REPORT-June2014-Final-Press-Release.pdf.
Key findings of the June 2014 ADP Employment Report are broken down into the following categories*:
By Company Size:
- Small businesses representing payrolls with 1 to 49 employees added 117,000 jobs.
- Medium businesses representing payrolls with 50 to 499 employees added 115,000 jobs.
- Large businesses representing payrolls with 500 or more employees added 49,000 jobs.
- Service providing sector added 230,000 jobs.
- Goods producing sector added 51,000 jobs.
- Professional/business services added 77,000 jobs.
- Trade/transportation/utilities added 50,000 jobs.
- Construction added 36,000 jobs.
- Manufacturing added 12,000 jobs.
- Financial activities added 11,000 jobs.
* Sum of components may not equal total due to rounding.
The ADP National Employment Report is a monthly measure of the change in total U.S. nonfarm private employment derived from ADP payroll data which represents 411,000 U.S. clients employing nearly 24 million workers in the United States. The May 2014 total of jobs added remained unchanged at 179,000. The July 2014 ADP National Employment Report will be released on July 30, 2014.
Businesses hiring workers may use background checks to help ensure safe workplaces for employers, employees, and the public. Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – ‘The Background Check Authority®’ – is a nationwide background screening firm accredited by the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS®). For more information about background checks, please visit http://www.esrcheck.com, call Toll Free 888.999.4474, or email email@example.com.
More Employment Report Information from ESR News
For previous ESR News Blogs containing employment report information, please visit: http://www.esrcheck.com/wordpress/tag/jobs-report/.