Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Private sector employment in the United States increased by 218,000 jobs from June to July, according to the July 2014 ADP National Employment Report® produced by Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (ADP®) in collaboration with Moody’s Analytics. The report is available at http://www.adpemploymentreport.com/2014/July/NER/NER-July-2014.aspx.
“Although down from June, the July jobs number marks the fourth straight month of employment gains above 200,000,” ADP president and chief executive officer Carlos A. Rodriguez stated in a press release about the report.
Key findings of the July 2014 ADP Employment Report are broken down into the following categories*:
By Company Size:
- Small businesses representing payrolls with 1 to 49 employees added 84,000 jobs.
- Medium businesses representing payrolls with 50 to 499 employees added 92,000 jobs.
- Large businesses representing payrolls with 500 or more employees added 41,000 jobs.
- Service providing sector added 202,000 jobs.
- Goods producing sector added 16,000 jobs.
- Professional/business services added 61,000 jobs.
- Trade/transportation/utilities added 52,000 jobs.
- Construction added 12,000 jobs.
- Financial activities added 9,000 jobs.
- Manufacturing added 3,000 jobs.
* Sum of components July not equal total due to rounding.
The July 2014 ADP Small Business Report found small businesses added 84,000 jobs during the month and accounted for 39% of employment gains across all payroll size groups. Within small businesses, 41% of the employment growth contribution was associated with companies having between 1-19 employees.
The August 2014 ADP National Employment Report will be released on September 4, 2014.
Jobs Report Information from ESR
For previous ESR News Blogs about jobs reports, visit http://www.esrcheck.com/wordpress/tag/jobs-report/. For more information about Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – a nationwide background check firm accredited by the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS®) – visit http://www.esrcheck.com, call Toll Free 888.999.4474, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.