Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) – the government agency that oversees lawful immigration to the United States – is offering customized E-Verify webinars to educate employers on how to properly verify employment eligibility of newly hired workers. To request a customized E-Verify webinar, please email E-VerifyOutreach@uscis.dhs.gov.
E-Verify is a free Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States and ensure a legal workforce. The customized webinars can be used to provide an E-Verify refresher to Human Resources staff. Training specialists are available to provide webinars tailored to specific needs of employers:
- Choose a convenient date and time. Webinars are available between 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM ET.
- Pick the subject that is needed most. Webinars are available on subjects besides E-Verify including Form I-9, E-Verify Self Check, Employee Rights, and Federal Contractor topics.
- Get to the point or take as much time as needed. Presentation times range from 30 to 60 minutes in duration.
- Training is interactive. Webinar attendees will have the opportunity to engage with trainers and get their questions answered.
- Hablamos Español. Spanish speaking presenters are also available.
According to the USCIS, E-Verify is currently used nationwide by more than 500,000 employers of all sizes at more than 1.4 million hiring sites. More information about E-Verify is available at http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify. To view regularly scheduled free webinar sessions, visit http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/e-verify-webinars/take-free-webinar.
ESR IS A DESIGNATED E-VERIFY EMPLOYER AGENT
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – ‘The Background Check Authority®’ – is a Designated E-Verify Employer Agent that can help employers with E-Verify compliance. To learn more, visit http://www.esrcheck.com, call Toll Free 888.999.4474, or email email@example.com. For more ESR News Blogs about E-Verify compliance, visit http://www.esrcheck.com/wordpress/tag/e-verify/.