Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has released the Findings of the E-Verify User Survey of nearly 3,000 randomly sampled E-Verify employers conducted by Westat to assess their satisfaction with the program. For more information about E-Verify Program Reports, please visit http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/about-program/e-verify-program-reports.
The independent in-depth E-Verify survey of 2,819 employers randomly chosen from a list of 76,828 eligible employers in the E-Verify Transaction Database also gathered information on opinions and experiences of employers with using the E-Verify program and solicited recommendations for further improvements. Key findings from the E-Verify survey include:
- 97 percent of E-Verify employers surveyed agree that the system is user friendly.
- 97 percent of E-Verify employers surveyed report using the program for all new hires.
- 93 percent of E-Verify employers surveyed agree that the mandatory tutorial adequately prepared them to use E-Verify.
- 92 percent of E-Verify employers surveyed believe that E-Verify is effective
- 89 percent of E-Verify employers surveyed perceive E-Verify to be highly accurate.
In 2013, the research firm Westat conducted a survey of recent E-Verify users to gather information from employers using the program. Overall, the survey found that E-Verify is easy to use and customers are overwhelmingly positive when describing their experience with the program. Below are links to the E-Verify User Survey Report, Key Findings of the Report, and Recommendations and Response Report:
- E-Verify 2013 User Survey Report
- Summary Report: Findings of the E-Verify User Survey Report
- Recommendations & USCIS Response Report
E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from DHS and Social Security Administration (SSA) records to confirm employment eligibility. According to the USCIS website, E-Verify is used nationwide by more than 500,000 employers of all sizes at more than 1.4 million hiring sites with about 1,400 new participating companies joining every week. For more information about E-Verify, visit http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/.
MORE E-VERIFY INFORMATION FROM ESR
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – ‘The Background Check Authority®’ – is a Designated E-Verify Employer Agent that helps employers with E-Verify and Form I-9 compliance. To contact ESR about E-Verify services, call Toll Free 888.999.4474 or visit http://www.esrcheck.com/Connect-With-ESR/.