Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Private sector employment in the United States increased by 208,000 jobs from October to November with small businesses leading the growth with 101,000 jobs added, according to the November 2014 ADP National Employment Report®. The ADP National Employment Report for November is at http://www.adpemploymentreport.com/2014/November/NER/NER-November-2014.aspx.
“November continued to show solid job growth above 200,000. Small businesses continued to drive job gains adding almost half the total for the month,” ADP president and chief executive officer Carlos Rodriguez stated in a press release about the ADP National Employment Report at http://www.adpemploymentreport.com/2014/November/NER/docs/ADP-NATIONAL-EMPLOYMENT-REPORT-November2014-Final-Press-Release.pdf.
November ADP National Employment Report Highlights*
By Company Size
- Small businesses representing payrolls with 1 to 49 employees added 101,000 jobs.
- Medium businesses representing payrolls with 50 to 499 employees added 65,000 jobs.
- Large businesses representing payrolls with 500 or more employees added 42,000 jobs.
- Goods producing sector added 32,000 jobs.
- Service providing sector added 176,000 jobs.
- Construction added 17,000 jobs.
- Manufacturing added 11,000 jobs.
- Trade/transportation/utilities added 49,000 jobs.
- Financial activities added 5,000 jobs.
- Professional/business services added 37,000 jobs.
* Sum of components may not equal total due to rounding.
The ADP National Employment Report is published monthly by the ADP Research Institute® in collaboration with Moody’s Analytics. The ADP National Employment Report provides a monthly snapshot of U.S. nonfarm private sector employment based on actual transactional payroll data. The December 2014 ADP National Employment Report will be released on January 7, 2015. For more information, visit http://www.adpemploymentreport.com/.
Jobs Report Blogs from ESR News
For past jobs report blogs by ESR News, please visit http://www.esrcheck.com/wordpress/tag/jobs-report/.