Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – ‘The Background Check Authority®’ – was named one of the top dozen background check firms in the January 2015 Business News Daily report ‘Best Background Check Services: Roundup.’ To read the report, visit http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/7638-best-background-check-services.html.
“We are particularly pleased to have been identified on this list, since the selection was based upon objective methodology where screening firms did not even know they were being evaluated,” said Attorney Lester Rosen, ESR founder and CEO, as well as the author of a comprehensive guide to background checks titled ‘The Safe Hiring Manual.’
Because different businesses have distinct background check needs, the Business News Daily staff researched and reviewed dozens of background check services to find the best ones for a variety of business types. The ‘Best Background Check Services: Roundup’ report includes a selection of best picks and explains why they were chosen.
To determine the best background check services, Business News Daily listed vendors conducting employee background checks found through online searches and interviews with businesses. They narrowed the list by eliminating vendors not specializing in background checks and ultimately settled on 12 services to consider as best picks.
For the selection of ESR, the report from Business News Daily stated:
- Employment Screening Resources — Founded in 1997, Employment Screening Resources (ESR) is a nationwide background screening firm located in the San Francisco area and is accredited by the National Association of Professional Background Screeners. The company offers a variety of background screening services and solutions to promote safe workplaces. The specific types of searches conducted include identity and credit checks, Social Security number traces and verifications, criminal records checks, sex offender registry searches, civil records checks, driving records checks, and employment and education verifications. esrcheck.com
Business News Daily also reviewed sample background check reports, read user comments, and interviewed additional business owners. They also contacted each company’s customer service department and posed as would-be business owners. In all, Business News Daily analyzed each service based on the following factors:
- Types of criminal searches conducted
- Types of verification services conducted
- Other types of searches conducted
- Ease of use
- How easy the final reports are to access, read, and understand
- How long the searches take
- Customer service
- The extra services the company offers, such as drug testing and I-9 verification management
- Better Business Bureau complaints
Rosen was quoted extensively in the January 2015 Business News Daily article ‘Choosing a Background Check Service: A Buying Guide for Businesses’ explaining why businesses that do not use background checks put themselves at risk. The article is at http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/7636-choosing-a-background-check-service.html.
The 8th annual ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends was released in January 2015 and features a list of emerging and influential trends in the background check industry selected by Rosen. A complete list of all of the ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends is available at http://www.esrcheck.com/ESR-Top-Ten-Background-Check-Trends.
ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends for 2015 Webinar
Rosen will also present a complimentary webinar ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends for 2015 on Wednesday, January 21, 2015. The webinar will take place from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM Noon Pacific Time. To register for this webinar, please visit https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3656006267617568513.