Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – ‘The Background Check Authority®’ – presented a complimentary webinar hosted by ESR Founder and CEO Attorney Lester Rosen titled “ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends for 2015” on January 21, 2015. The webinar featured emerging and influential trends in the background check industry selected by Rosen himself. To view a recording of this hour long webinar, please visit https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/4717391231297676801.
Rosen – author of “The Safe Hiring Manual” and a nationally recognized background check expert – has selected the ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends annually for the past eight years. As in 2014, the Ban the Box movement that eliminates the question about criminal records on initial job applications topped the list. The complete list of all of the top background check trends for 2015 and past years is available at http://www.esrcheck.com/ESR-Top-Ten-Background-Check-Trends.
- 1. Ban the Box Laws that Go Overboard May Hurt Ex-Offenders and the Unemployed in 2015
- 2. FCRA Class Action Lawsuits will Continue to Increase Even if No One is Actually Harmed in 2015
- 3. Employment Laws Will Become More Fragmented as Cities and States Pass Hiring Laws in 2015
- 4. NAPBS Accreditation for Background Screening Firms Will Reach Tipping Point and Become Standard Criteria in 2015
- 5. Employers will Start Looking at Due Diligence Post-Hire to Protect against Insider Threats in 2015
- 6. Background Checks in Sharing Economy Will Not Be Limited to Traditional Employer-Employee Situations in 2015
- 7. EEOC Guidance for Criminal Records Hotly Debated but Remains Key Concern for Employers in 2015
- 8. Privacy and Discrimination Concerns with Big Data and International Offshoring will Grow in 2015
- 9. Applicant Experience and Employer Branding Critical for Background Check Process in 2015
- 10. Employer Experience Will Focus on Streamlining Background Check Process in 2015
Rosen is a frequent presenter on background check issues for the “ESR Speaks” training program and his speaking appearances include numerous state and national conferences. He was the chairperson of the steering committee that founded the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS®), a professional trade organization for the background check industry. He has also qualified and testified in Superior Court as an employment screening expert on issues surrounding safe hiring.
Founded by Rosen in 1997, Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) is a nationwide background check firm accredited by the NAPBS located in the San Francisco, California area. ESR’s SOC 2 Audit Report confirms ESR meets high standards set by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) for protecting the security, confidentiality, and privacy of consumer data. For more information about background check services from ESR, call Toll Free 888.999.4474 or visit http://www.esrcheck.com/.
More News About Background Check Trends
For more information about background check trends from the ESR News Blog, please visit http://www.esrcheck.com/wordpress/tag/trends/.