Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Private sector employment in the United States increased by 213,000 jobs from December to January, according to the January 2015 ADP National Employment Report® (NER). The complete employment report is available at http://www.adpemploymentreport.com/2015/January/NER/NER-January-2015.aspx.
By Company Size:
- Small businesses representing payrolls with 1 to 49 employees added 78,000 jobs.
- Medium businesses representing payrolls with 50 to 499 employees added 95,000 jobs.
- Large businesses representing payrolls with 500 or more employees added 40,000 jobs.
- Goods producing sector added 31,000 jobs.
- Service providing sector added 183,000 jobs.
- Construction added 18,000 jobs.
- Manufacturing added 14,000 jobs.
- Trade/transportation/utilities added 54,000 jobs.
- Financial activities added 11,000 jobs.
- Professional/business services added 42,000 jobs.
* Sum of components may not equal total due to rounding.
“January marks another month of solid job gains and is in line with the NER’s twelve-month average of over 200,000 jobs added per month,” Carlos Rodriguez, president and chief executive officer of ADP, stated in a press release about the report.
The ADP National Employment Report is published monthly by the ADP Research Institute® in collaboration with Moody’s Analytics and provides a monthly snapshot of U.S. nonfarm private sector employment based on actual transactional payroll data. The report for February 2015 will be released on March 4, 2015.
Jobs Report Blogs from ESR News
For past blogs about jobs reports by ESR News, please visit http://www.esrcheck.com/wordpress/tag/jobs-report/.