Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Attorney Lester Rosen, founder and CEO of background check firm Employment Screening Resources (ESR), will present an Audio Conference with The Industry Calendar titled ‘How To Avoid Fake Employment And Education Claims’ on Thursday, June 18, 2015 from 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM Eastern Time. For more information, visit http://www.theindustrycalendar.com/showWCDetails.asp?TCID=1014709.
In the 90 minute audio conference, Rosen – author of “The Safe Hiring Manual” – will review legal and effective techniques for the reference checking process. Specifically, attendees of ‘How To Avoid Fake Employment And Education Claims’ will learn how to effectively verify past employment and education information, as well as tools to spot phony credentials and worthless degree mills, in addition to:
- Effective and legal strategies to verify an applicant’s past employment and education accomplishments.
- Why employment references create legal issues for employers and strategies for obtaining information and dealing with requests from other employers.
- Why phony education credentials are problematic – and how to spot degree mills.
- New technologies and approaches to credentials verifications.
- Special issues when it comes to social media.
- Tips for international employment and education verification.
Rosen is a frequent presenter on background check and safe hiring issues. He also qualified as an expert witness on issues surrounding due diligence. His speaking appearances have included numerous national and statewide conferences. Rosen was chairperson of the steering committee that founded the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS) and served as first co-chair.
Rosen founded Employment Screening Resources (ESR) in the San Francisco, California area in 1997 and the company is accredited by the NAPBS, a professional trade organization for the screening industry. For more information about Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – ‘The Background Check Authority®’ – call toll free 888.999.4474 or visit http://www.esrcheck.com.
© 2015 Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – Making copies or using of any part of the ESR News Blog or ESR website for any purpose other than your own personal use is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from ESR.