Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Private sector employment in the United States increased by 201,000 jobs from April to May led by growth in small businesses, according to the May 2015 ADP National Employment Report® (NER). The complete ADP employment report is available at http://www.adpemploymentreport.com/2015/May/NER/NER-May-2015.aspx.
“The labor market moved back up to the 200,000 jobs added mark in May, a number which has been something of a bellwether for healthy employment growth,” Carlos Rodriguez, president and chief executive officer of ADP, stated in a press release about the May Employment Report. “We hope that the May number is the beginning of an upward trend going into the summer months.”
May 2015 ADP Employment Report Highlights Include:*
By Company Size:
- Small businesses representing payrolls with 1 to 49 employees added 122,000 jobs.
- Medium businesses representing payrolls with 50 to 499 employees added 65,000 jobs.
- Large businesses representing payrolls with 500 or more employees added 13,000 jobs.
- Goods producing sector added 9,000 jobs.
- Service providing sector added 192,000 jobs.
- Construction added 27,000 jobs.
- Manufacturing lost 5,000 jobs.
- Trade/transportation/utilities added 56,000 jobs.
- Financial activities added 12,000 jobs.
- Professional/business services added 28,000 jobs.
* Sum of components may not equal total due to rounding.
The ADP National Employment Report is published monthly by the ADP Research Institute® in collaboration with Moody’s Analytics and provides a monthly snapshot of U.S. nonfarm private sector employment based on actual transactional payroll data. The June 2015 ADP National Employment Report will be released on July 1, 2015.
Most job seekers undergo some form of background check before being hired by employers. Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – ‘The Background Check Authority®’ – is a nationwide background screening firm accredited by the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NABPS). For more information about background check services, please call toll free 888.999.4474 or visit http://www.esrcheck.com/.
© 2015 Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – Making copies or using of any part of the ESR News Blog or ESR website for any purpose other than your own personal use is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from ESR.