Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Private sector employment in the United States increased by 237,000 jobs from May to June with small businesses adding over half of the total jobs for the month, according to the June 2015 ADP National Employment Report® (NER). The complete June 2015 ADP employment report is available at http://www.adpemploymentreport.com/2015/June/NER/NER-June-2015.aspx.
“June job numbers came in at their highest level since December 2014,” Carlos Rodriguez, president and chief executive officer of ADP, stated in a press release about the June Employment Report. “Small businesses continue to lead the way adding over half of the total jobs this month.”
June 2015 ADP Employment Report Highlights Include:*
By Company Size:
- Small businesses representing payrolls with 1 to 49 employees added 120,000 jobs.
- Medium businesses representing payrolls with 50 to 499 employees added 86,000 jobs.
- Large businesses representing payrolls with 500 or more employees added 32,000 jobs.
- Goods producing sector added 12,000 jobs.
- Service providing sector added 225,000 jobs.
- Construction added 19,000 jobs.
- Manufacturing lost 7,000 jobs.
- Trade/transportation/utilities added 50,000 jobs.
- Financial activities added 19,000 jobs.
- Professional/business services added 61,000 jobs.
* Sum of components may not equal total due to rounding.
The ADP National Employment Report is published monthly by the ADP Research Institute® in collaboration with Moody’s Analytics and provides a monthly snapshot of U.S. nonfarm private sector employment based on actual transactional payroll data. The July 2015 ADP National Employment Report will be released on August 5, 2015.
Many job seekers undergo background checks before being hired. Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – ‘The Background Check Authority®’ – is a nationwide background screening firm accredited by the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NABPS). For more information about ESR, please call toll free 888.999.4474 or visit http://www.esrcheck.com/.
© 2015 Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – Making copies or using of any part of the ESR News Blog or ESR website for any purpose other than your own personal use is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from ESR.