Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Private sector employment in the United States increased by 185,000 jobs, according to the July 2015 ADP National Employment Report® (NER). The complete ADP Employment Report is available at http://www.adpemploymentreport.com/2015/July/NER/NER-July-2015.aspx.
“July employment growth was slower than June, but is still in line with what we have seen since the first of the year,” Carlos Rodriguez, president and chief executive officer of ADP, stated in a press release about the ADP report. “Notably, large businesses with more than 500 employees had their strongest job gains since last December and were almost double the June number.”
July 2015 ADP Employment Report Highlights Include:*
By Company Size:
- Small businesses representing payrolls with 1 to 49 employees added 59,000 jobs.
- Medium businesses representing payrolls with 50 to 499 employees added 62,000 jobs.
- Large businesses representing payrolls with 500 or more employees added 64,000 jobs.
- Goods producing sector added 8,000 jobs.
- Service providing sector added 178,000 jobs.
- Construction added 15,000 jobs.
- Manufacturing added 2,000 jobs.
- Trade/transportation/utilities added 25,000 jobs.
- Financial activities added 10,000 jobs.
- Professional/business services added 42,000 jobs.
* Sum of components July not equal total due to rounding.
The ADP National Employment Report is published monthly by the ADP Research Institute® in collaboration with Moody’s Analytics and provides a monthly snapshot of U.S. nonfarm private sector employment based on actual transactional payroll data. The July 2015 ADP National Employment Report will be released on September 2, 2015.
Background Checks Help Employers Find Workers for Jobs
Many workers undergo some kind of background checks before being hired at jobs. Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – ‘The Background Check Authority®’ – is a nationwide background screening firm accredited by the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NABPS). For more information about ESR, please call toll free 888.999.4474 or visit http://www.esrcheck.com/.
© 2015 Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – Making copies or using of any part of the ESR News Blog or ESR website for any purpose other than your own personal use is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from ESR.