Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR), a global background check firm, has released the 9th Annual ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends for 2016 selected by ESR Founder and CEO Attorney Lester Rosen. For the number one trend, Rosen foresees an increase in governmental oversight and enforcement of the background check industry in 2016.
“Employment Screening Resources selected background check trends that will substantially impact the background check industry in 2016,” says Rosen, the author of ‘The Safe Hiring Manual,’ the first comprehensive guide for background checks that is currently undergoing a revision for a 3rd Edition set to be released in the Fall of 2016. “There is a new number one top trend for 2016,” adds Rosen.
The annual list of top background check trends from ESR features emerging influences in the background check industry selected by Rosen, a noted background check expert who is a frequent speaker on due diligence issues. For 2016, he selected the following top trend background check trends after carefully reviewing developments from various sources.
- 1. Government Oversight and Enforcement of Accuracy in Background Check Industry to Increase in 2016
- 2. FCRA Lawsuits Will Continue to Increase in Target Rich Background Screening Environment in 2016
- 3. Background Check Industry Will Continue to Both Expand and Consolidate Simultaneously in 2016
- 4. Employers and Human Resources Will Be Bombarded with Meaningless Marketing Buzz around Supposed Disruptive Technology in 2016
- 5. Background Screening Firms, Human Resources, and Employers Will Be Focused on Legal Compliance and Accuracy in 2016
- 6. Domestic Terrorist Attacks Will Put Social Media Background Checks in the National Spotlight in 2016
- 7. Ban the Box Movement May Reach Tipping Point But Could Also Inadvertently Do More Harm than Good in 2016
- 8. Applicant Tracking Solutions Will Review ATS Integrations with Screening Partners to Address Emerging Legal Risks in 2016
- 9. Job Opportunities for Ex-Offenders with Criminal Records Should Increase in 2016
- 10. Privacy Concerns Will Loom Large Between EU and US in Terms of International Background Checks in 2016
Rosen was the chairperson of the steering committee that founded the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS®) and served as first co-chair. He has also testified as a background check expert on due diligence issues. A listing of all of the trends for 2016 and past years is available at http://www.esrcheck.com/ESR-Top-Ten-Background-Check-Trends.
Founded by Rosen in 1997, Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) is a nationwide background check firm accredited by the NAPBS located in the San Francisco, California area. ESR successfully completed a SOC 2® Audit Report to meet high standards for protecting the security, confidentiality, and privacy of consumer data. For more information, call Toll Free 888.999.4474 or visit http://www.esrcheck.com/.
NOTE: Employment Screening Resources (ESR) does not provide or offer legal services or legal advice of any kind or nature. Any information on this web site is for educational purposes only.
© 2016 Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – Making copies or using of any part of the ESR News Blog or ESR website for any purpose other than your own personal use is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from ESR.