Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Attorney Lester Rosen, Founder and CEO of Employment Screening Resources® (ESR), will present a webinar for Clear Law Institute titled ‘Top 10 Background Check Trends for 2016’ on Thursday, January 21, 2016 from 3:00 PM to 4:15 PM ET / 12:00 Noon PM to 1:15 PM PT. To register for the webinar, click here.
In this webinar, attendees will learn about the top ten background check trends and best practices for 2016, as well as how organizations can comply with the law and avoid both a lawsuit and a bad hire. Among other things, attendees will learn about:
- The implications of the “Ban the Box” movement for employers.
- The increase in class action lawsuits under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) position on using criminal records in background checks.
- International background check privacy issues.
- Governmental oversight and enforcement of background check industry.
- Why background check due diligence has become mission critical for employers.
- The current background check trends, best practices and legal developments affecting hiring.
This webinar has been approved for 1.25 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) and 1.25 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP through the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
Rosen, a noted background check expert and author of The Safe Hiring Manual, founded Employment Screening Resources (ESR) in 1997 in the San Francisco, California area. ESR is accredited by the National Association of Professional Screeners (NAPBS). To learn more, call 888.999.4474 or visit http://www.esrcheck.com.
NOTE: Employment Screening Resources (ESR) does not provide or offer legal services or legal advice of any kind or nature. Any information on this web site is for educational purposes only.
© 2016 Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – Making copies or using of any part of the ESR News Blog or ESR website for any purpose other than your own personal use is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from ESR.