Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR), a global provider of background check services and solutions, has released its 10th annual ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends for 2017 as selected by ESR Founder and CEO Attorney Lester Rosen. For a complete list of all of the top background check trends for 2017, please visit www.esrcheck.com/ESR-Top-Ten-Background-Check-Trends.
The annual list of top trends from ESR features emerging influences in the background check industry selected by Rosen, a noted background check expert and the author of ‘The Safe Hiring Manual.’ The 3rd edition of this comprehensive guide for background checks is set to be released in 2017. After careful review, Rosen has selected the following top background check trends for 2017:
- 1. Ban the Box Will Become More the Rule than Exception when Background Screening Workers
- 2. Re-Entry and Second Chance Programs for Ex-Offenders Will Increase in Importance for Employers
- 3. Financial Institutions Will Seek Stronger Security Measures from Screening Providers including SOC 2 Reports and NAPBS Accreditation
- 4. New Gig Economy Will Force Employers to Strengthen Screening of Growing On Demand Workforce
- 5. Continuous Screening of Employees Will Gain More Acceptance as Critical Post-Hire Due Diligence Tool
- 6. HR Technology Advancements Will Continue to Improve Background Screening in the Hiring Process
- 7. Millennials in Workforce Will Make Employers Change Methods of Background Screening Job Applicants
- 8. FCRA Lawsuits Will Remain a Potential Threat to Employers After Supreme Court Decision in Spokeo Case
- 9. Drug Testing in Workplace Will Have to Deal with Growth of State Laws Allowing Use of Marijuana
- 10. Use of Big Data for Background Checks Will Be Closely Watched for Potential Discrimination Issues
Rosen was the chairperson of the steering committee that founded the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS®) and served as first co-chair. He is a frequent speaker on background check issues and has also testified as an expert on due diligence issues. A listing of all of the trends for 2017 is available at www.esrcheck.com/ESR-Top-Ten-Background-Check-Trends.
Founded by Rosen in 1997, Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) is a nationwide background check firm located in the San Francisco, California area that is accredited by the NAPBS. ESR also completes yearly SOC 2® Audits to meet high standards for protecting the security, confidentiality, and privacy of consumer data. For more information, call Toll Free 888.999.4474 or visit www.esrcheck.com.
ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends for 2017 Webinar
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) founder and CEO Attorney Lester Rosen will host a live complimentary webinar entitled ‘ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends for 2017’ on Wednesday, January 18, 2017, from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM Noon Pacific Time. To register for the free webinar, please visit https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/733293271056375556.
The webinar is approved for 1.0 (HR (General)) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute (HRCI). The webinar is worth 1.0 Professional Development Credit (PDC) from the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) for the SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP™) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP™).
NOTE: Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) does not provide or offer legal services or legal advice of any kind or nature. Any information on this website is for educational purposes only.
© 2017 Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – Making copies or using of any part of the ESR News Blog or ESR website for any purpose other than your own personal use is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from ESR.