Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Attorney Lester Rosen, founder and CEO of Employment Screening Resources® (ESR), will present a live webinar sponsored by Clear Law Institute entitled “Practical Steps Employers Should Take to Comply with the New EEOC Criminal Record Guidance” on Tuesday, December 19, 2017, from 1:00 PM to 2:15 PM ET.
In the webinar, Rosen – author of “The Safe Hiring Manual” – will provide real world examples and suggestions on what employers should do now to comply with U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) Enforcement Guidance on the Use of Arrest and Conviction Records in Employment Decisions. Attendees will learn about:
- Longstanding court decisions and existing EEOC Guidance documents.
- Employment discrimination based on race and national origin, criminal records, and employer practices.
- The differences between arrest and conviction records.
- Disparate treatment and disparate impact analysis under Title VII.
- Employer defenses the EEOC believes meet the “job related and consistent with business necessity” standard.
- Compliance with other federal laws and/or regulations that conflict with Title VI.
- State and local laws or regulations preempted by Title VII.
- EEOC Guidance best practices for employers.
- Option for handling questions about post criminal records.
- Criticisms of the new EEOC Guidance.
- The Good, Maybe Good, and Challenging about the EEOC Guidance.
The webinar has been approved for 1.25 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) and 1.25 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP through the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
At the end of the session, attendees will have a road map for action items you can implement immediately to demonstrate legal compliance. For more information or to register for this event, please visit http://clearlawinstitute.com/shop/webinars/practical-steps-employers-take-comply-new-eeoc-criminal-record-guidance-090717/.
Rosen founded Employment Screening Resources® (ESR), a leading global background check firm located in California, in 1997. ESR is accredited by the National Association of Background Screeners (NAPBS) and undergoes annual SOC 2® data security audits. For more information about ESR, please visit www.esrcheck.com.
ESR Whitepaper on EEOC Criminal Record Guidance
ESR founder and CEO Attorney Lester Rosen has written a whitepaper entitled “Practical Steps Employers Can Take to Comply with the EEOC Criminal Record Guidance” to help employers remain in compliance with the EEOC. The complimentary whitepaper is available at www.esrcheck.com/Whitepapers/EEOC-Criminal-Record-Guidance/.
NOTE: Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) does not provide or offer legal services or legal advice of any kind or nature. Any information on this website is for educational purposes only.
© 2017 Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – Making copies or using of any part of the ESR News Blog or ESR website for any purpose other than your own personal use is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from ESR.