Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR), a leading global background check firm, has achieved renewal of its “Approved Provider” status from the HR Certification Institute (HRCI), the premier credentialing organization for the human resources profession, for the period of January 1, 2018, to December 31, 2018. This distinction allows ESR – an HRCI Approved Provider since 2005 – to offer continuing HR-related education programs to certified HR professionals seeking HRCI recertification credits.
ESR offers HR professionals the “ESR Online Safe Hiring Certification Course” that is an essential learning tool for anyone responsible for risk management and due diligence in hiring and pre-employment screening. The course – which is approved for 20 hours of HRCI recertification credits – was created by ESR founder and CEO Attorney Lester Rosen, author of “The Safe Hiring Manual,” and is divided into seven units that are designed to offer a detailed understanding of current issues in hiring safely and legally.
- “Unit 1: Introduction To Safe Hiring Program (SHP)” covers problems caused by “bad hires,” the Safe Hiring Program (SHP), and the S.A.F.E. (Set-Up, Acclimate, Facilitate & Evaluate) System. This program is approved for 3 HRCI recertification credits.
- “Unit 2: Legal Considerations of Safe Hiring” covers due diligence and negligent hiring, discrimination and privacy laws, the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and state laws for background checks. This program is approved for 3 HRCI recertification credits.
- “Unit 3: The Application, Interview & Reference (AIR) Process” covers the AIR process that includes the application process, the interview process, and the reference check process. This program is approved for 2.50 HRCI recertification credits.
- “Unit 4: Basics of Employment Screening” covers education and credential verifications, selecting a background screening company, and National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS) accreditation. This program is approved for 3 HRCI recertification credits.
- “Unit 5: Criminal Record Background Checks” covers how to legally obtain criminal records and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) Guidance on the use of criminal records by employers. This program is approved for 3 HRCI recertification credits.
- “Unit 6: Additional Background Screening Tools” covers credit reports, Social Security Number (SSN) traces, social media background checks, and international background checks. This program is approved for 3 HRCI recertification credits.
- “Unit 7: Drug Testing & Other Screening Issues” covers drug testing, employee theft and embezzlement, workplace violence, screening temps and volunteers, and “After the Hire” issues. This program is approved for 2.50 HRCI recertification credits.
If all seven units are purchased together, the price of the entire course is discounted 20 percent of the price if all units are purchased separately. Each unit of the course ends with a 25-question quiz that learners must score at least 80 percent to pass. Each unit also includes a study guide handout that learners may download to help them pass the quiz. For more information about the ESR Safe Hiring Certification Course – including price – please visit www.esrcheck.com/Resource-Center/Safe-Hiring-Course/.
HR Certification Institute®(HRCI®) is the premier credentialing organization for the human resources profession. HRCI a global leader in developing exams to demonstrate mastery and real-world application of forward-thinking HR practices, policies, and principles. Since 1976, HRCI has awarded hundreds of thousands of HR credentials to accomplished HR professionals from around the world who uphold the highest standards of the HR profession. To learn more about HRCI, visit www.hrci.org.
Founded by Attorney Lester Rosen in 1997 in the San Francisco, CA area, Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) is a strategic choice for organizations wanting accuracy and compliance in their screening programs. ESR is accredited by the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS®) and undergoes yearly SOC 2® audits to protect the privacy, security, and confidentiality of consumer information used in background checks. To learn more about ESR, visit www.esrcheck.com.
NOTE: Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) does not provide or offer legal services or legal advice of any kind or nature. Any information on this website is for educational purposes only.
© 2017 Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – Making copies or using of any part of the ESR News Blog or ESR website for any purpose other than your own personal use is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from ESR.