Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – a leading global background check firm – has released the 11th annual “ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends” for 2018 that feature emerging and influential trends in the background screening industry for the coming year. The top ten background check trends for 2018 are listed below and also are available at www.esrcheck.com/Tools-Resources/ESR-Top-Ten-Background-Check-Trends/.
Each year since 2008, ESR has chosen the top trends of the background check industry. For 2018, ESR chose “Millennials” – people aged 18 to 34 in 2015 – to be the number one trend as this technically savvy generation has overtaken “Baby Boomers” as the largest segment of the U.S. workforce and should cause background checks to become a more applicant friendly experience. Here are the “ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends” for 2018:
- 1. Millennials Expanding in Workforce Will Make Background Checks More Applicant Friendly in 2018
- 2. Local Ban the Box Laws Will Be Challenged as Less Effective than Statewide Laws with Incentives for Employers in 2018
- 3. FCRA Class Action Lawsuits Will Continue to Target Employers Performing Background Checks in 2018
- 4. New Data Protection Regulations for European Union will Elevate Privacy Rules for International Screening in 2018
- 5. Background Checks of Growing Extended Workforce Will Be More in Demand by Employers in 2018
- 6. Data Breach Protection and Information Security Will Be Critical Issues for Screening Firms in 2018
- 7. Opioid Crisis in America Will Lead to More Advanced Drug Testing for Opiates by Employers in 2018
- 8. Transportation Network Companies Such as Uber and Lyft Will Face More Scrutiny Over Background Checks in 2018
- 9. Salary History Questions by Employers Will Be Restricted as Pay Equity Movement Spreads in 2018
- 10. E-Verify System Will Move Closer to Becoming Mandatory Requirement for All U.S. Employers in 2018
ESR founder and CEO Attorney Lester Rosen – author of “The Safe Hiring Manual” – will host a live webinar entitled “ESR Top Ten Background Checks Trends for 2018” on Wednesday, January 17, 2018. Rosen was chairperson of the steering committee that founded the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS®), a non-profit trade association representing the screening industry, and served as first co-chair.
Founded by Rosen in 1997, Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) is a global background check firm headquartered in the San Francisco, California area. ESR is accredited by the NAPBS and undergoes an annual SOC 2® Type 2 audit to ensure the privacy, security, and confidentiality of consumer information used for background checks. For more information about ESR, please visit www.esrcheck.com.
ESR Webinar on Top Ten Background Check Trends for 2018
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) founder and CEO Attorney Lester Rosen will host a live webinar entitled “ESR Top Ten Background Checks Trends for 2018” that will take place on Wednesday, January 17, 2018, from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM Noon Pacific Time. To register for the complimentary webinar from ESR, please visit https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6841084769383752449.
NOTE: Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) does not provide or offer legal services or legal advice of any kind or nature. Any information on this website is for educational purposes only.
© 2018 Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – Making copies or using of any part of the ESR News Blog or ESR website for any purpose other than your own personal use is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from ESR.