Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Attorney Lester Rosen, founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of leading global background check firm Employment Screening Resources® (ESR), will present a live webinar entitled “Liar Liar: How Employers Can Legally Identify and Guard Against Costly Résumé Fraud” produced by the Center For Competitive Management (C4CM) on Friday, October 26, 2018, from 11:00 AM to 12:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time (NOTE: This webinar has been canceled).
Résumé fraud is rampant as 84 percent of employers reported that applicants embellish, exaggerate, or even tell outright lies on their résumés or applications, according to a recent background check industry survey. Many experienced managers have been tricked into hiring an employee who turns out to have inflated credentials and ends up being a poor performer. During this session, attendees will learn:
- Methods to improve résumé reviewing skills
- Tools for screening out fraudulent claims
- Techniques to avoid making costly hiring mistakes
- Tips on how to spot resume/application fraud
- Background check do’s and don’ts
- Steps to legally check a candidate’s references and verify education
Whether its embellished skill sets, extended employment dates, exaggerated academic claims, or false job titles, résumé fraud is becoming a costly and prevalent hiring issue. The webinar hosted by Attorney Lester Rosen will guide attendees through how to avoid costly hiring errors and spot a phony before it’s too late. By the end of this information-packed program, attendees will know more about:
- Best practices, and legal developments that affect the hiring protocol.
- Red flags that will help you spot résumé fraud.
- Background checks and what to look at before making an offer.
- Reference checking questions to ask, and what the law says you must avoid.
- Steps for verifying a candidates’ education.
- What the EEOC says about criminal records and credit reports.
- How the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and the use of social media impacts an employer’s ability to find out the truth.
- Guidance for using social networking sites when reviewing a candidate.
- Successful Candidate Background Checking dos and don’ts.
- How new salary secrecy laws, and Box the Box laws impact an employer’s ability to guard against resume fraud.
Rosen is founded Employment Screening Resources® (ESR), a global background check firm located in the San Francisco, California area, in 1997. He is a nationally recognized background check expert and the author of “The Safe Hiring Manual.” Rosen is a frequent presenter on safe hiring and background check issues and his speaking appearances include numerous state and national conferences.
ESR Helps Employers Uncover Résumé Fraud
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – a leading global background check firm – provides three levels of verifications to give employers the flexibility to customize employment and education verifications to help uncover résumé fraud. ESR also checks the credentials, licenses, and references for job applicants. To learn more, visit www.esrcheck.com/Background-Checks/Verifications-References/.
NOTE: Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) does not provide or offer legal services or legal advice of any kind or nature. Any information on this website is for educational purposes only.
© 2018 Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – Making copies or using of any part of the ESR News Blog or ESR website for any purpose other than your own personal use is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from ESR.