Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Although a record 22 million Americans have filed unemployment claims between the weeks ending March 21, 2020, and April 11, 2020, due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, “a lot of companies are still hiring during this coronavirus crisis—and they need to fill essential roles more than ever,” according to an article by The Muse.
The article from The Muse – described as “the go-to destination for the next gen workforce to research companies and careers” – stated that “there are a variety of roles and opportunities available in a mix of industries—not only in the grocery and healthcare spaces (though there are plenty of roles there, too).”
Below is a list of 75 companies that are hiring during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic from The Muse website. The list – which was last updated on April 16, 2020 – contains links to company profiles that include available jobs. The Muse will continue to update this list throughout the Coronavirus crisis.
- Kroger – The Kroger Family of Companies is redefining the way people shop for groceries by offering anything, anytime, anywhere, in their stores, at pickup lanes, or via automated delivery vehicles.
- Philips – Philips is a leading health technology company focused on improving people’s health and well-being.
- Unilever – On any given day, 2.5 billion people use Unilever products to look good, feel good, and get more out of life.
- GSK – GSK dedicates itself to creating a healthier population the whole world over by researching and developing a broad range of innovative products in pharmaceutical, vaccine, and consumer healthcare arenas.
- Facebook – Facebook connects billions of people around the world, giving them ways to share what matters most to them.
- Wells Fargo – Wells Fargo’s historic bank has been serving communities since 1852—with clients in one in three households nationwide and 8,700 locations across 36 countries today.
- VMware Carbon Black – Founded in 2002, VMware Carbon Black is a leading endpoint security company dedicated to protecting the world from cyberattacks.
- Healthfirst – Healthfirst is New York’s largest not-for-profit health insurer, offering members access to high quality, affordable healthcare.
- Squarespace – Squarespace empowers millions of people—from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses—to share their stories and create an impactful, stylish, and easy-to-manage online presence.
- UnitedHealth Group – UnitedHealth Group, the parent organization of UnitedHealthcare and Optum, is one of the world’s leading diversified health care companies.
- Ultimate Software – A leading cloud provider of human capital management solutions, Ultimate’s award-winning UltiPro delivers HR, payroll, talent, compensation, and time and labor management solutions that allow people to work more effectively.
- Instacart – Instacart is a North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce.
- Deutsche Bank – With a presence in 59 countries, Deutsche Bank is a German financial institution servicing a global network of clients.
- Charles Schwab – Financial services can be complicated. Charles Schwab is trying to fix that.
- Spectrum – Spectrum provides a full range of advanced broadband services, including Spectrum TV video entertainment programming, Spectrum Internet access, and Spectrum Voice to connect more people in more places.
- Clearlink – Clearlink combines digital marketing and sales conversion services to add value to a brand’s customers by offering a holistic service approach.
- Broadridge – Broadridge, a global fintech company with $4 billion in revenue listed on the S&P 500, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics solutions.
- Prudential – For more than 140 years, Prudential has been helping individual and institutional customers all over the world achieve financial prosperity and peace of mind.
- IGS – IGS supplies both commercial and residential properties with natural gas, electricity, and home warranty products; power generation solutions off the grid; and clean, domestic alternative fueling options.
- Intuit – Intuit’s mission is to power prosperity around the world. They build web, mobile, and cloud financial solutions that generate more money, more time, and more confidence for millions of people.
- Baker Tilly – Baker Tilly is a nationally recognized full-service accounting and advisory firm with offices throughout the Midwest and East Coast.
- Cisco Meraki – Cisco Meraki’s mission is to simplify technology so passionate people can focus on their mission.
- Zynga – Zynga aims to connect people through social gaming experiences, and is known for developing some of the world’s most popular programs.
- Oscar Health – In the last seven years, Oscar has experienced exponential growth, becoming the fastest-growing startup health insurer in the country.
- Bowery Farming – Bowery Farming grows high-quality produce at scale in urban spaces using fewer resources.
- Trustwave – Trustwave employees are excited to provide their clients with smartly managed cybersecurity services that help protect people’s privacy, fight cybercrime, and reduce online risk overall.
- Integral Ad Science – Integral Ad Science is a global technology organization that partners with advertisers and publishers to protect investments, capture consumer attention, and drive business impact.
- Asana – Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives.
- Kforce – Kforce puts job seekers’ resumes right in front of hiring managers, saving them from the dreaded “resume black hole.”
- Anheuser-Busch – The team at Anheuser-Busch is more than 18,000 strong—united by a passion for brewing great beer and an unwavering commitment to supporting the communities across the country which they call home.
- Netlify – Netlify’s tools help create websites with sleek workflows that are more secure, scalable, compatible, and faster.
- Argo Group – Argo Group does more than just provide property and casualty insurance, reinsurance, and managed-risk solutions. The company makes it possible for businesses to stay in business.
- Ellucian – Ellucian designs technology that powers the educational mission of colleges and universities around the world.
- SelectQuote – SelectQuote’s mission is to help people protect their most valuable assets and overall financial well-being by finding the right insurance at the best price—in a matter of minutes.
- N26 – From its initial inception in 2013, N26 has reimagined banking for the digital world.
- Duolingo – With more than 300 million users, Duolingo is the world’s most downloaded education app in the world.
- Alto Pharmacy – Alto is focused above all on achieving its mission—fulfilling medicine’s true purpose and improving quality of life for all patients.
- Lytx – Lytx is a market-leading innovator that develops technologies to change driver behavior and make roadways safer.
- BlackLine – Companies go to BlackLine because their traditional manual accounting processes are not sustainable.
- Yieldmo – Yieldmo is built on the idea that individual ad experiences matter. To that end, the company works hard to create powerful encounters by understanding how humans interact.
- Appian – Appian provides a low-code development platform that accelerates the creation of high-impact business applications.
- The Washington Post – Founded in 1877, the 67 Pulitzer Prize-winning Post is one of the world’s most storied media and media technology companies.
- Better – Founded in 2016, Better.com is radically changing the antiquated mortgage infrastructure, replacing it with thoughtful technology that streamlines the homebuying process and eliminates commissions, fees, unnecessary steps, and time-wasting appointments.
- Success Academy Charter Schools – Success Academy is redefining what’s possible in public education. Their mission is to build exceptional world-class schools that prove children from all backgrounds can succeed in college and in life.
- E*TRADE – More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE—a financial services organization—pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever online trade placed by an individual investor.
- The Auto Club Group – The Auto Club Group is the second largest AAA club in North America. The company and its affiliates provide membership, travel, insurance, and financial services to approximately 9 million members across 11 states and two U.S. territories.
- Peloton – Founded in 2012, Peloton is committed to creating a cutting-edge and engaging fitness experience that makes working out at home a viable and inspiring option.
- McGraw-Hill – As a leading education technology company, McGraw-Hill is focused on balancing digital transformation with traditional publishing to enhance student learning.
- HUB International – After 11 mergers of privately held insurance brokerages in 1998, HUB International rose as a leading brokerage in North America. Today, a network of over 400 brokerages wave the HUB banner, with new locations popping up every year.
- TruStone Financial – TruStone Financial is a full-service, member-owned credit union that provides simple yet competitive financial tools to empower members’ financial well-being.
- Banfield Pet Hospital – Founded as a veterinary practice in 1955, Banfield Pet Hospital, a subsidiary of the Mars corporation, has grown to nearly 1000 hospitals in 42 states, as well as DC and Puerto Rico.
- Fetch Robotics – Fetch Robotics is the pioneer of on-demand automation.
- Capital One – Daring to dream, disrupt, and deliver a better way to bank for customers, Capital One brings ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to the financial industry.
- Pernod Ricard USA – Pernod Ricard is in the business of conviviality. As a premium spirits and wine company, Pernod’s success is the result of the passion and creativity of its people, its exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to its values.
- City of Hope – Founded in 1913, City of Hope is one of only 50 comprehensive cancer centers in the nation, as designated by the National Cancer Institute.
- CSC – CSC® is the world’s leading provider of business, legal, tax, and digital brand services to companies around the world.
- Logic20/20 – Logic20/20 is a West Coast business and technology consulting firm headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
- Activision – Activision has been changing the way people play for the past 40 years—as the leading developer and publisher of video games, the Activision team has created some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking, and beloved franchises in the industry.
- First Citizens Bank – First Citizens is one of the country’s fastest growing banks. They have doubled in size over the past five years and now have nearly 550 branches from coast to coast.
- Good Apple – Good Apple is a nimble, boutique media agency focused on targeted digital media planning and buying in the independent media marketplace.
- Nestlé Waters – Nestlé Waters is a leading hydration company dedicated to enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future.
- Niantic – Niantic is the world’s leading augmented reality (AR) company with an initial focus on augmented reality games.
- Udemy – Udemy is a global leader in online education. The company’s employees have built a platform on which more than 50 million students learn from over 150,000 courses taught by expert instructors in 65+ languages.
- Socotra – Based in San Francisco, Socotra makes modern software for insurance companies—an industry that often doesn’t benefit from the latest in technology.
- Hudson River Trading – HRT brings a scientific approach to trading financial products.
- Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory – APL leads the 21st century into the future by operating on the cusp of technological exploration.
- Riskified – Riskified develops cutting-edge technology that helps global e-commerce businesses prevent fraud and conquer complicated challenges.
- Expel – Expel allows its customers to do what they love about security, even if that’s not thinking about it.
- Addison Group – Addison Group is a professional services firm specializing in placing candidates in the fields of IT, finance and accounting, healthcare, HR and administrative, and engineering.
- Asurion – Asurion helps people protect, connect, and enjoy the latest tech.
- Teachers Pay Teachers – Founded by a NYC public school teacher in 2006, Teachers Pay Teachers was created to help educators better serve their students by facilitating the exchange of resources, lesson plans, and materials.
- KnowBe4 – KnowBe4 is the world’s largest integrated Security Awareness Training and Simulated Phishing platform.
- Life360 – Life360 understands that the core need of every family is the daily assurance of being safe and connected.
- Epsilon – After scoping out a brand’s ideal audience and creating messages to engage those customers, Epsilon helps connect with them for long-term business—with a sense of loyalty to match.
- Esri – Esri is the market leader in geographic information system (GIS) software, location intelligence, and mapping.
The Muse partners with companies to give job applicants insider looks at their offices and job listings. The employers pay The Muse to be featured on the site, but they made this list not just because they want to be included, but because their culture, policies, and employee feedback showed they deserve to be included.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that spreads from person to person. As of April 20, 2020, there are approximately 2.4 million global cases with 166,000 deaths, and the United States leads the world with approximately 759,000 cases and 40,000 deaths, according to research from Johns Hopkins University (JHU).
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – a leading global background check provider – offers an Applicant Support Center since the outstanding service that ESR gives to the job applicants that they screen is just as important as the level of service provided to employers. To learn more about ESR, visit www.esrcheck.com.
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) is also using best practices for background checks during the Coronavirus crisis, which include employees working remotely. The ESR News Blog is posting blogs on about the effects the Coronavirus is having on employers that are at www.esrcheck.com/wordpress/tag/coronavirus/.
NOTE: Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) does not provide or offer legal services or legal advice of any kind or nature. Any information on this website is for educational purposes only.
© 2020 Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – Making copies of or using any part of the ESR News Blog or ESR website for any purpose other than your own personal use is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from ESR.