Written By Employment Screening Resources® (ESR)
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – a leading global background check provider – has released its 14th annual “ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends” for 2021 that features emerging and influential trends in the background screening industry for the coming year. The complete list of top background check trends for 2021 is available on the ESR website at www.esrcheck.com/Tools-Resources/ESR-Top-Ten-Background-Check-Trends/.
Since 2008, ESR has selected the background check trends that have substantially impacted the future of the background screening industry. For 2021, each trend was announced on the ESR News Blog and listed on the “ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends” web page with how employers will adjust background check processes while recovering from the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic topping the list. Here are the top trends for 2021:
- Employers Will Continue to Adjust Background Check Processes in Recovery from Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) Lawsuits Will Continue to Serve as Compliance Signposts for Background Checks
- Accuracy of Criminal Records Used for Background Checks Will Become New Area of Litigation
- Professional Background Screening Association (PBSA) Will Continue to Strengthen Professionalism of Background Screeners
- “Gig Economy” Businesses Will Continue to Try to Build Consumer Trust Through Their Background Screening Programs
- Employers with International Background Screening Programs Will Continue to Expect Greater Proficiencies and Features
- Government Agencies Will Increase Scrutiny on How Artificial Intelligence (AI) is Used in Background Screening
- “Ban the Box” Laws and Second Chance Programs that Help Ex-Offenders Find Work Will Continue to Evolve
- Continuous Screening Will Become More Widely Adopted But Employers Must Consider Certain Factors Before Implementation
- False EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Participation Claims Will Still Be Investigated Despite Invalidation of Framework
ESR founder and chief executive officer (CEO) Attorney Lester Rosen helped to select the top background check trends. Rosen was on the steering committee that founded the Professional Background Screening Association (PBSA), which was known as the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS) before rebranding to a new name in 2019. That same year, Rosen received the PBSA Lifetime Achievement Award.
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) is a leading global background check provider that was named the number one screening company for enterprise organizations by HRO Today in 2020. Founded by Attorney Lester Rosen in the San Francisco, California area in 1997, ESR is accredited by the PBSA, undergoes annual SOC 2® Type 2 audits, and adheres to the Privacy Shield Framework. To learn more about ESR, visit www.esrcheck.com.
NOTE: Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) does not provide or offer legal services or legal advice of any kind or nature. Any information on this website is for educational purposes only.
© 2021 Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – Making copies of or using any part of the ESR News Blog or ESR website for any purpose other than your own personal use is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from ESR.