By Thomas Ahearn, Employment Screening Resources (ESR) News Editor
Employment Screening Resources (ESR), a leading provider of pre-employment background checks accredited by the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS®), has announced the initial dates for the company’s 2011 ‘ESR Speaks’ speaking and training program. The ‘ESR Speaks’ web page is located at: http://www.esrcheck.com/Newsletter/ESR-Speaks/.
“With ESR Speaks, Employment Screening Resources offers information and guidance to employers on issues such as privacy, discrimination, credit reports, criminal records, and using social networking sites such as Facebook to screen applicants,” explains Lester Rosen, founder and President of Employment Screening Resources and author of ‘The Safe Hiring Manual – The Complete Guide to Keeping Criminals, Terrorists, and Imposters Out of Your Workplace,’ the first comprehensive guide on background checks.
Rosen, an Attorney at Law and frequent speaker on safe hiring issues, will be a presenter for the ‘ESR Speaks’ program along with ESR Director of Client Relations Jared Callahan, a licensed private investigator in California who brings over a decade of experience and expertise with background checks and legal compliance issues. Either Rosen or Callahan will present for ESR on the following dates:
- January 5, 2011: Northern California Association of Health Care Recruiters (NCAHCR) Meeting, Unitek College, Fremont, CA – ‘The Risks of Using Social Networking for Employment Background Screening’
- January 11, 2011: Webinar with Thompson Interactive – ‘Avoiding Legal Landmines when Using Facebook, LinkedIn & Other Social Media Websites for Screening’
- January 19, 2011: Webinar with Avant Resources – ‘Negligent Hiring and Background Checks-Best Practices, Trends, and Legal Compliance’
- March 11, 2011: Webinar with Northern California Human Resources Association (NCHRA) – ‘Extreme Caution Advised: Dealing with Federal and ‘Only in California’ Laws Regulating Pre-employment Screening and Safe Hiring’
- March 15, 2011: Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) 2011 Employment Law & Legislative Conference, Hyatt Washington, Washington D.C. – ‘Extreme Caution Advised: Dealing with Federal and State Laws Regulating Pre-employment Screening and Safe Hiring’
- March 30, 2011: Los Angeles HR Star Conference, Los Angeles Convention Center, Los Angeles, CA
- April 11, 2011: NCHRA HR West 2011 – Oakland Convention Center, Oakland CA – ‘Negligent Hiring and Background Checks: Best Practices and Legal Compliance’
- June 29, 2011: SHRM Annual Conference & Exposition – Las Vegas, NV – ‘Legal and Effective Reference Checking and Education Verification’
- July 13, 2011: San Francisco HR Star Conference, South San Francisco Conference Center, San Francisco, CA
More speaking dates will be added to the 2011 ‘ESR Speaks’ schedule in the coming weeks and months. For information about the Employment Screening Resources speaking schedule, visit ‘ESR Speaks’ at http://www.esrcheck.com/Newsletter/ESR-Speaks/. A summary of ‘ESR Speaks’ events for 2011 is at: http://www.esrcheck.com/ESR_Speaks2011.php. Check these web pages for updates.
Founded in 1996 in the San Francisco Bay area, Employment Screening Resources (ESR) is the company that wrote the book on background checks with ‘The Safe Hiring Manual’ by ESR founder and President Lester Rosen. Employment Screening Resources is accredited by The National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS®) Background Screening Credentialing Council (BSCC) for proving compliance with the Background Screening Agency Accreditation Program (BSAAP). For more information about Employment Screening Resources, visit http://www.ESRcheck.com or contact Jared Callahan, ESR Director of Client Relations and Business Development, at 415.898.0044 or [email protected].