Since many employee problems are caused by problem employees, safe hiring expert Lester Rosen, CEO of accredited background check company Employment Screening Resources (ESR), will present a live 60 minute webinar – ‘Negligent Hiring and Background Checks – Best Practices, Trends and Legal Compliance’ – on Thursday, June 9, 2011 at 3:00 pm ET (2:00pm CT, 1:00pm MT, 12:00pm PT) to help employers and Human Resources professionals avoid bad hires by practicing due diligence with background checks. For more information about the webinar or to register, please follow this link.
“Negligent hiring is one of the fastest growing areas of employment litigation. Without exercising due diligence, there is a near statistical certainty that a firm will hire someone with fake education or employment credentials or even an unsuitable criminal record,” explains Rosen, an Attorney at Law and author of ‘The Safe Hiring Manual,’ the first comprehensive book on employment screening, and ‘The Safe Hiring Audit.’ “Even one bad hire can create a legal and financial nightmare, including workplace violence, unqualified workers and time wasted in recruiting and hiring the wrong person.”
Learning objectives of the webinar, hosted by business education services provider Avant Resources, will include:
- Why Background Checks and Due Diligence have become Mission Critical for Employers.
- Understanding the Importance of Federal Laws including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), discrimination laws, and the impact of state-specific rules and regulations.
- The Basics of a Negligent Hiring Lawsuit and Defenses that Work and Do Not Work.
- Cutting Edge Issues such as the new Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) focus on Criminal Records, Credit Reports, and the Use of Social Networking Sites
- How to Spot Fraudulent Employment and Education Credentials.
- Steps Organizations Can Take Today to Implement a Legally-Compliant Program and to Hire the Best Employees.
Rosen founded Employment Screening Resources (https://www.esrcheck.com) in 1997 in the San Francisco Bay area and the company is accredited by The National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS). He is a frequent presenter for the ‘ESR Speaks’ background check training program and was also was the chairperson of the steering committee that founded the NAPBS, a professional trade organization for the background screening industry, and served as the first co-chairman in 2004.
“Spending a great deal of time and energy to select the best hire quickly goes down the drain if an employer fails to exercise due diligence to ensure the candidate is for real,” adds Rosen.
For information on future ‘ESR Speaks’ events, visit https://www.esrcheck.com/ESR_Speaks.php.
About Employment Screening Resources (ESR): Founded in 1997 in the San Francisco area with a mission to help employers and employees maintain safe workplaces, Employment Screening Resources (ESR) is accredited by The National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS®) and provides industry leading technology, legal compliance, service, turnaround, and accuracy. ESR also wrote the book on background checks with ‘The Safe Hiring Manual’ by founder and President Lester Rosen. For more information about ESR, visit https://www.esrcheck.com.