Multinational business hardware and software system provider Oracle has announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Taleo Corporation, a leading provider of cloud-based talent management, for $46.00 per share or approximately $1.9 billion, according to a press release on the Oracle web site available at: http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/press/1517159. Taleo’s industry leading Talent Management Cloud will be an important addition to the Oracle Public Cloud offering. Together, Oracle and Taleo expect to combine to create a comprehensive cloud offering for organizations to manage their Human Resource operations and employee careers by:
- Empowering employees and managers to effectively manage careers throughout their entire employment, including planning and budgeting, recruiting and on boarding, administration of benefits and payroll, and career development and transition.
- Enabling organizations to retain talent and optimize costs, establish and align employee goals, streamline hiring processes, and accelerate leadership development.
- Improving employee experience through faster on boarding and better collaboration with team members via social media
- What the combination of Oracle and Taleo will mean for Oracle’s customers and partners: http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/acquisitions/taleo/general-presentation-1516518.pdf.
- An Overview and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the deal, visit: http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/acquisitions/taleo/faq-1516516.pdf.