<![CDATA[Attorney Lester Rosen, a background check expert and founder and CEO of nationwide accredited background screening firm Employment Screening Resources (ESR), will be interviewed by Mari Frank, the host of ‘Privacy Piracy’ and an attorney and Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), on Monday, February 13, 2012 from 8:00 AM to 8:30 AM Pacific Time on KUCI 88.9 FM Radio in Irvine, California with live audio streaming available on http://www.kuci.org/ (Update: To listen to recording of interview, visit http://www.kuci.org/podcasts/?ShowID=615).
During the half hour long interview, Rosen, the author of ‘The Safe Hiring Manual,’ the first comprehensive guide to employment screening background checks, and ‘The Safe Hiring Audit,’ will discuss the following topics:
- Why is there such an interest in background checks for employers?
- What should consumers do if they are concerned about social media sites being used for employment screening and what should consumers do to protect themselves?
- Why do employers want to see credit reports?
- What advice is there for job applicants who think their personal credit report is being run?
Rosen is a frequent presenter nationwide on safe hiring issues as part of the “ESR Speaks”
training program – https://www.esrcheck.com/ESR_Speaks.php
– and has appeared at conferences, seminars, and webinars nationwide for more than a decade to help employers, recruiters, HR professionals, and security workers better understand employment screening background checks. Rosen was the chairperson of the steering committee that founded the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS®), a non-profit trade association for the background screening industry, and served as the first co-chairman. In 1997, he founded Employment Screening Resources (ESR)
, a background screening firm headquartered in the San Francisco, California-area.
Frank is the creator of ‘The Identity Theft Survival Kit,’ the audiocassette series ‘Identity Theft Prevention and Survival,’ co-author of ‘Privacy Piracy,’ and author of ‘From Victim to Victor: A Step by Step Guide for Ending the Nightmare of Identity Theft’ and ‘Safeguard Your Identity: Protect Yourself With a Personal Privacy Audit.’ She is also the co-host of ‘Privacy Piracy,’
a public affairs radio show at KUCI 88.9 FM
dealing with all issues of privacy in the information age. To learn more about ‘Privacy Piracy,’ visit http://www.kuci.org/privacypiracy
For more information about background checks, visit Employment Screening Resources (ESR)
– ‘The Background Check AuthoritySM
’ and nationwide background screening company accredited by the NAPBS – at https://www.esrcheck.com/
or call 415.898.0044.
About Employment Screening Resources (ESR):
Employment Screening Resources (ESR) – ‘The Background Check AuthoritySM’ – provides accurate and actionable information, empowering employers to make informed safe hiring decisions for the benefit for our clients, their employees, and the public. ESR literally wrote the book on background screening with “The Safe Hiring Manual” by Founder and CEO Lester Rosen. ESR is accredited by The National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS), a distinction held by less than two percent of all screening firms. By choosing an accredited screening firm like ESR, employers know they have selected an agency that meets the highest industry standards. For more information about Employment Screening Resources (ESR), visit https://www.esrcheck.com/ or call 415.898.0044.
About ESR News:
The Employment Screening Resources (ESR) News blog – ESR News – provides employment screening information for employers, recruiters, and jobseekers on a variety of topics including credit reports, criminal records, data privacy, discrimination, E-Verify, jobs reports, legal updates, negligent hiring, workplace violence, and use of search engines and social network sites for background checks. For more information about ESR News or to send comments or questions, please email ESR News Editor Thomas Ahearn at [email protected].