Attorney Lester Rosen, Founder and CEO of accredited background check firm Employment Screening Resources (ESR), will host a 90 minute webinar titled ‘What You Must Know Before Conducting Your Next Candidate Background Check’ with Thompson Interactive on Monday, June 11th, 2012 from 2 PM to 3:30 PM Eastern (11 AM to 12:30 PM Pacific). To register for the webinar, which is worth 1.5 Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) credits, visit: http://www.esrcheck.com/Newsletter/ESR-Speaks/What-You-Must-Know-Before-Conducting-Your-Next-Candidate-Background-Check-137/. “Background checks are a necessary step in avoiding negligent hiring,” says Rosen, one of the premiere experts in the field of employment screening and the author of ‘The Safe Hiring Manual.’ “Even after the most diligent candidate selection process, hiring someone without conducting a thorough background check can have major legal and financial ramifications for your company.” In this Intermediate level webinar, Rosen will discuss strategies and best practices in obtaining and utilizing background information to help businesses avoid legal landmines. He also will be available to answer questions during the live Q&A portion of the webinar. Participants in the webinar – including human resources professionals, hiring managers, recruiters, corporate counsel, and executives – will learn:
- What is the impact of the EEOC’s updated guidance on the use of arrest and conviction records?
- What steps should employers take now to ensure background checks comply with the updated guidance?
- How do federal laws affect background checks?
- What is the EEOC’s stance on using credit reports and social networking sites to screen candidates?
- What are the privacy and discrimination concerns involved in using criminal record information, credit reports and social networking sites in screening candidates? How can you mitigate those risks?