Attorney Lester Rosen, a background check expert and founder and CEO of Employment Screening Resources (ESR), will host a two hour long webinar for BankInfoSecurity.com titled ‘Risk Management: New Strategies for Employee Screening’ on Monday, July 23, 2012 at 3:30 PM Eastern (12:30 PM Pacific) to discuss the latest background check trends facilitating risk management practices that include re-screening current employees after they are initially screened when hired. For more information on the webinar, visit: http://www.bankinfosecurity.com/webinars/risk-management-new-strategies-for-employee-screening-w-282. “Like risk management itself, background screening must be ongoing,” says Rosen, author of ‘The Safe Hiring Manual,’ a comprehensive guide on employment screening. “While most organizations conduct pre-employment background checks on applicants, what are their screening strategies after hiring?” During the webinar, Rosen – a frequent speaker on due diligence issues for the ‘ESR Speaks’ program – will present post-hire screening strategies and a brief overview of current screening trends, such as:
- How to conduct continual screening of key employees;
- What to do about newly-acquired employees in a merger or acquisition;
- How to proceed when you do uncover past criminal offenses or falsified credentials of current employees;
- How to use the latest Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) guidance on the use of arrest and conviction records by employers;
- Proper screening procedures for newly-acquired employees in a merger or acquisition; and
- The “do’s and don’ts” of using social media in background screening and its proper role in a screening strategy.