The 6th Annual ‘ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends for 2013’ list featuring emerging and influential trends in the background check industry compiled by nationwide accredited background check firm Employment Screening Resources (ESR) will be announced by ESR Founder and CEO Attorney Lester Rosen on the ESR News Blog in the coming weeks. Each trend will appear on the ‘ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends for 2013’ page at http://www.esrcheck.com/Top-Ten-Background-Check-Trends-for-2013.php. “For the sixth consecutive year, Employment Screening Resources has identified trends that will emerge and evolve as the background check industry matures,” says Rosen, author of ‘The Safe Hiring Manual,’ a comprehensive guide to background checks that he updated for an expanded and updated 2nd edition published in October 2012. “2013 should be an exciting year full of several new changes,” adds Rosen. With help from the entire ESR team, Rosen – a nationally recognized background check expert and frequent speaker on due diligence topics as part of the “ESR Speaks” training program – carefully selects each trend after closely reviewing developments from various sources regarding employment background checks that include:
- Evolving hiring practices and demographics;
- Legal cases concerning background checks;
- Advancements in background check technology;
- New government regulations for screening at the federal and state level;
- Questions and concerns raised by employers, recruiters, human resources professionals, and the security industry regarding background checks.