Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Private sector employment in the United States increased by 204,000 jobs from July to August, according to the August 2014 ADP National Employment Report ® produced by Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (ADP ®) in collaboration with Moody’s Analytics. The report is available at http://www.adpemploymentreport.com/2014/August/NER/NER-August-2014.aspx.
“August marks the fifth straight month of employment gains above 200,000, continuing an encouraging trend for the U.S. labor market,” ADP president and chief executive officer Carlos A. Rodriguez stated in a press release about the ADP National Employment Report.
Key findings of the ADP National Employment Report were broken down into the following categories*:
By Company Size:
- Small businesses representing payrolls with 1 to 49 employees added 78,000 jobs.
- Medium businesses representing payrolls with 50 to 499 employees added 75,000 jobs.
- Large businesses representing payrolls with 500 or more employees added 52,000 jobs.
- Service providing sector added 164,000 jobs.
- Goods producing sector added 41,000 jobs.
- Professional/business services added 51,000 jobs.
- Trade/transportation/utilities added 28,000 jobs.
- Manufacturing added 33,000 jobs.
- Construction added 15,000 jobs.
- Financial activities added 5,000 jobs.
* Sum of components may not equal total due to rounding.
The ADP National Employment Report is a monthly measure of the change in total U.S. nonfarm private employment of nearly 24 million U.S. workers derived from actual, anonymous payroll data. The September 2014 ADP National Employment Report will be released on October 1, 2014.
More Jobs Means More Employment Screening
Employers hiring workers use background checks to help ensure safe workplaces. Employment Screening Resources ® (ESR) – ‘The Background Check Authority ®’ – is a nationwide background screening firm accredited by the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS ®). For more information, visit https://www.esrcheck.com, call Toll Free 888.999.4474, or email [email protected].