Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Private sector employment in the United States increased by 213,000 jobs from August to September with small businesses leading the way with 88,000 jobs added, according to the September 2014 ADP National Employment Report®. Key findings of the report were broken down into the following categories*:
By Company Size:
- Small businesses representing payrolls with 1 to 49 employees added 88,000 jobs.
- Medium businesses representing payrolls with 50 to 499 employees added 48,000 jobs.
- Large businesses representing payrolls with 500 or more employees added 77,000 jobs.
- Service providing sector added 155,000 jobs.
- Goods producing sector added 58,000 jobs.
- Trade/transportation/utilities added 38,000 jobs.
- Manufacturing added 35,000 jobs.
- Professional/business services added 29,000 jobs.
- Construction added 20,000 jobs.
- Financial activities added 5,000 jobs.
* Sum of components September not equal total due to rounding.
“September’s jobs added number marks the sixth straight month of employment gains above 200,000,” ADP president and chief executive officer Carlos Rodriguez stated in a press release about the report. “It’s a positive sign for the economy to see the 200,000-plus trend continue.”
The ADP National Employment Report – produced by Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (ADP®) in collaboration with Moody’s Analytics – is a monthly measure of the change in total U.S. nonfarm private employment of nearly 24 million U.S. workers derived from actual, anonymous payroll data.
The October 2014 ADP National Employment Report will be released on November 5, 2014.
More Jobs = More Need for Background Checks
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – ‘The Background Check Authority®’ – is a nationwide background screening firm accredited by the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS®). ESR’s Service Organization Control SOC 2 Audit Report confirms the company meets high standards set by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) for data security, confidentiality, and privacy. For more information about background checks from ESR, call Toll Free 888.999.4474 or visit https://www.esrcheck.com/Connect-With-ESR/.