Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) has revealed the 8th Annual ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends for 2015 selected by ESR Founder and CEO Attorney Lester Rosen. As in 2014, the “Ban the Box” movement that eliminates criminal record questions on initial job applications to give ex-offenders a fair chance when looking for work has again topped the list. A complete list of all of the trends is available at https://www.esrcheck.com/ESR-Top-Ten-Background-Check-Trends. (View recording of “ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends for 2015” webinar hosted by ESR CEO Lester Rosen.)
“The Ban the Box movement is rapidly spreading across America and is changing the way employers in the U.S. hire workers,” says Rosen, author of The Safe Hiring Manual and a noted background check expert. “However, if some Ban the Box laws go too far in 2015 the unintended consequence may be that such laws actually hurt ex-offenders and individuals who have been left unemployed by the recession.”
The annual list from ESR features emerging and influential trends in the background check industry. Along with releasing the list of trends, ESR will also present a complimentary webinar examining the top ten background check trends for 2015 hosted by Rosen on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM Noon Pacific Time. To register for this webinar, visit https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3656006267617568513.
- 1. Ban the Box Laws that Go Overboard May Hurt Ex-Offenders and the Unemployed in 2015
- 2. FCRA Class Action Lawsuits will Continue to Increase Even if No One is Actually Harmed in 2015
- 3. Employment Laws Will Become More Fragmented as Cities and States Pass Hiring Laws in 2015
- 4. NAPBS Accreditation for Background Screening Firms Will Reach Tipping Point and Become Standard Criteria in 2015
- 5. Employers will Start Looking at Due Diligence Post-Hire to Protect against Insider Threats in 2015
- 6. Background Checks in Sharing Economy Will Not Be Limited to Traditional Employer-Employee Situations in 2015
- 7. EEOC Guidance for Criminal Records Hotly Debated but Remains Key Concern for Employers in 2015
- 8. Privacy and Discrimination Concerns with Big Data and International Offshoring will Grow in 2015
- 9. Applicant Experience and Employer Branding Critical for Background Check Process in 2015
- 10. Employer Experience Will Focus on Streamlining Background Check Process in 2015
Rosen is a frequent presenter on background check issues and his speaking appearances for ESR Speaks have included numerous national and statewide conferences. He was the chairperson of the steering committee that founded the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS®) and served as first co-chair. He has qualified and testified as an employment screening expert on due diligence issues.
About Employment Screening Resources (ESR)
Founded by safe hiring expert Attorney Lester Rosen in 1997, Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – ‘The Background Check Authority®’ – is a nationwide background check firm accredited by the NAPBS located in the San Francisco, California area. ESR’s SOC 2 Audit Report confirms ESR meets high standards set by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) for protecting the security, confidentiality, and privacy of consumer data. For more information about ESR, call Toll Free 888.999.4474 or visit https://www.esrcheck.com/.