Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Private sector employment in the United States increased by 241,000 jobs from November to December with small businesses leading the growth with 106,000 jobs added, according to the December 2014 ADP National Employment Report®. The complete December 2014 ADP National Employment Report is available at http://www.adpemploymentreport.com/2014/December/NER/NER-December-2014.aspx.
“December delivered another strong number well above 200,000 to close out a solid year of employment growth with over two and a half million jobs added. Small businesses continued to lead the way, but mid-sized and large companies also showed solid gains,” Carlos Rodriguez, president and chief executiveofficer of ADP, stated in a press release about the December 2014 ADP National Employment Report. The press release is available at http://www.adpemploymentreport.com/2014/December/NER/docs/ADP-NATIONAL-EMPLOYMENT-REPORT-December2014-Final-Press-Release.pdf.
December 2014 ADP National Employment Report Highlights*
By Company Size
- Small businesses representing payrolls with 1 to 49 employees added 106,000 jobs.
- Medium businesses representing payrolls with 50 to 499 employees added 70,000 jobs.
- Large businesses representing payrolls with 500 or more employees added 66,000 jobs.
- Goods producing sector added 46,000 jobs.
- Service providing sector added 194,000 jobs.
- Construction added 23,000 jobs.
- Manufacturing added 26,000 jobs.
- Trade/transportation/utilities added 44,000 jobs.
- Financial activities added 16,000 jobs.
- Professional/business services added 69,000 jobs.
* Sum of components may not equal total due to rounding.
The ADP National Employment Report is published monthly by the ADP Research Institute® in collaboration with Moody’s Analytics. The ADP National Employment Report provides a monthly snapshot of U.S. nonfarm private sector employment based on actual transactional payroll data. The January 2015 ADP National Employment Report will be released on January 7, 2015. For more information, visit http://www.adpemploymentreport.com/.
Jobs Report Blogs from ESR News
For past blogs about jobs reports such as the December 2014 ADP National Employment Report by ESR News, please visit https://www.esrcheck.com/wordpress/tag/jobs-report/.