Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Attorney Lester Rosen, founder and CEO of Employment Screening Resources® (ESR), will present two webinars titled the ‘ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends for 2015’ on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 and Thursday, January 22, 2015. For information about the “ESR Speaks” schedule, please visit http://www.esrcheck.com/Stay-Updated/ESR-Speaks/.
- Rosen will present the webinar ‘Top Ten Background Check Trends for 2015’ on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM PT. This activity has been approved by the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) for 1 hour of general recertification credit. To register for this webinar, visit https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3656006267617568513.
- Rosen will present the webinar for Clear Law Institute ‘Top Ten Background Check Trends for 2015’ on Thursday, January 22, 2015 at 1:00 PM ET/10:00 AM PT. This activity has been approved by the HR Certification Institute for 1.25 hours of general recertification credit. Clear Law Institute is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This course qualifies for 1.25 PDCs. To register for this webinar, visit http://clearlawinstitute.com/shop/webinars-and-seminars/top-ten-background-check-trends-2015/.
The 8th Annual ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends for 2015 selected by Rosen features emerging and influential trends in the background check industry. A complete list of all of the trends is available at http://www.esrcheck.com/ESR-Top-Ten-Background-Check-Trends:
- 1. Ban the Box Laws that Go Overboard May Hurt Ex-Offenders and the Unemployed in 2015
- 2. FCRA Class Action Lawsuits will Continue to Increase Even if No One is Actually Harmed in 2015
- 3. Employment Laws Will Become More Fragmented as Cities and States Pass Hiring Laws in 2015
- 4. NAPBS Accreditation for Background Screening Firms Will Reach Tipping Point and Become Standard Criteria in 2015
- 5. Employers will Start Looking at Due Diligence Post-Hire to Protect against Insider Threats in 2015
- 6. Background Checks in Sharing Economy Will Not Be Limited to Traditional Employer-Employee Situations in 2015
- 7. EEOC Guidance for Criminal Records Hotly Debated but Remains Key Concern for Employers in 2015
- 8. Privacy and Discrimination Concerns with Big Data and International Offshoring will Grow in 2015
- 9. Applicant Experience and Employer Branding Critical for Background Check Process in 2015
- 10. Employer Experience Will Focus on Streamlining Background Check Process in 2015
Rosen is the author of “The Safe Hiring Manual,” the first comprehensive guide to background checks. He was the chairperson of the steering committee that founded the NAPBS and served as first co-chair. He is a nationally recognized expert on background checks who has presented at numerous national and statewide conferences.
Rosen founded Employment Screening Resources® (ESR), a nationwide background check firm accredited by the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS), in 1997. For more information about ESR, call Toll Free 888.999.4474 or visit http://www.esrcheck.com.